Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wow all your Park Run times really are impressive. I'm a 27 min PB runner :lol:

3rd half marathon of the year tomo - Bexhill charity one for St Mary's school. To say I'm underprepared is an understatement. Only done 3 10k runs since Hastings about 6 weeks ago and just been on holiday eating crap! Will go easy and run to finish as always :)

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Thanks, my official time is actually better at 19:41, age grading 68.84%, so I'm pretty pleased with that.

:)

Don't know what I'm more jealous of, a sub 20 time or that your age rating of 68% must mean you're pretty young!

Well done [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] on that % that's fantastic, I've never been higher than 70.7%

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Never looked at that....72.7% for me. I reckon when you guys race on 13th you should use the WAVA grading to decide who wins. Just like a golf handicap [emoji3][emoji3]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Never looked at that....72.7% for me. I reckon when you guys race on 13th you should use the WAVA grading to decide who wins. Just like a golf handicap [emoji3][emoji3]

That's my only hope.

Have a tickley throat (though no more) tonight and just poured a third glass of Merlot. PB or disaster awaits in the morning.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

That would probably be to my advantage and NO WAY. It has to be first to cross the finish line.

The percentages are good personal markers for those of us unable to reach pbs of years gone by but not ready to use the free bus pass yet.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Have a tickley throat (though no more) tonight and just poured a third glass of Merlot. PB or disaster awaits in the morning.

Dropped back down to 8 miles with the Worthing 10k looming. Got round my usual 8 mile loop in under 1 hour 20 for the first time ever. God bless red wine.,

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It feels like it's been a bad week for me on both the general health and running fronts.

I started the week having lost 30lbs from where I started but I only ran 20 miles over 3 runs this week and I reverted back to some bad ways with food and drink, so I expect my Monday morning weigh-in will show I've gained weight this week. Given I'm as likely to gain running speed through weight loss as anything else, it's time to re-focus a bit starting immediately.

However, as the Labour party are currently doing, I'll try and scratch up a couple of positives:

1. My fastest ever mile (7:24) as part of my 5-miler on Thursday evening.
2. Despite being slightly hungover and very jaded this morning, I got round my 10-miler in my quickest time to date (1:33). I've only done this route 4 times and I'm already 7 minutes quicker than the first attempt.

For this week I reckon a very gentle flat 5-miler recovery in Bristol tomorrow evening, and a more demanding (maybe hilly) 10-miler also in Bristol on Tuesday. I might have a first go at some half-mile intervals on my 6.5-mile loop on Thursday, a gentle 5-mile on Saturday morning and then another effort at improving my 10-miles on Sunday. I'll also steer clear of the booze again and be Mr Health when it comes to food.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I came trailing in on Saturday in 22.11 - those other lot are too quick for me, but hopefully I'll be catching them up soon...

Having consumed copious amounts of curry – washed down with a mix of beer, red wine and prosecco – I took it easy on a 12-miler, done in 1hr 52. The pace was actually quite pleasing because, while some of you are done with marathons for the year, I have to think about one in October and traditionally run too quickly at the start. But I also want to put up a bit of a fight on the 13th June and, as a result, my training is a bit all over the place.

Rest day today, and I'll think about fartlek tomorrow. Maybe...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Checked with Parkrun organisers on Saturday and a Hove Prom 'Parkrun' run begins in June starting somewhere by Hove Lawns.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Great to hear of new Hove parkrun. This will be fast and might turn out to be the most popular of the 3 local ones. I'm a 60-64 category old geezer (that's Brian Powney if you measure your existence by Brighton goal-keepers) and can still clock under 21.00 (with a following wind). Are there any other similar old gits out there? (Brighton has some pretty fast vets and I'm sure one or two might also be on the Albion forum.)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Great to hear of new Hove parkrun. This will be fast and might turn out to be the most popular of the 3 local ones. I'm a 60-64 category old geezer (that's Brian Powney if you measure your existence by Brighton goal-keepers) and can still clock under 21.00 (with a following wind). Are there any other similar old gits out there? (Brighton has some pretty fast vets and I'm sure one or two might also be on the Albion forum.)

Speedy old goat ! :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here