Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Incredible performance at Hove Prom where I witnessed that Parkrun is more than a race. I did the barcodes as Stanmer Xc at Palace kick off time. First runner Finn MCNALLY – 14:24 broke the course record easily, finished 2 mins 30 secs in front of 2nd place and had gone home before anyone had seen him. The other 560 runners then did their bit. Great run by the young man.
Stanmer was a struggle and I need another week of rest/easy runs. Did too much too early in marathon plan like always. 😆

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Incredible performance at Hove Prom where I witnessed that Parkrun is more than a race. I did the barcodes as Stanmer Xc at Palace kick off time. First runner Finn MCNALLY – 14:24 broke the course record easily, finished 2 mins 30 secs in front of 2nd place and had gone home before anyone had seen him. The other 560 runners then did their bit. Great run by the young man.
Stanmer was a struggle and I need another week of rest/easy runs. Did too much too early in marathon plan like always. 😆
I think Mr Orden turned up too and did a pretty good run, bless him.
Used to run round Stanmer when I worked at the uni. Tough place to run but I guess it wasn't as muddy yesterday as it can be?

15k for me today. That's long by my woeful standard. Didn't like it.

One month until the Chester 10k and my debut as an England international against the invading Welsh from over the border ('international'?).
10 runners from each country in each age group, but only the first 4 score, meaning that 6 of us (and I'll be one of them) will have no impact on the outcome.
But to compensate, at the start we line up in front of the mass field which I thought sounded really cool until it dawned on me that it means about 500 runners will steam past me in the first km!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I think Mr Orden turned up too and did a pretty good run, bless him.
Used to run round Stanmer when I worked at the uni. Tough place to run but I guess it wasn't as muddy yesterday as it can be?

15k for me today. That's long by my woeful standard. Didn't like it.

One month until the Chester 10k and my debut as an England international against the invading Welsh from over the border ('international'?).
10 runners from each country in each age group, but only the first 4 score, meaning that 6 of us (and I'll be one of them) will have no impact on the outcome.
But to compensate, at the start we line up in front of the mass field which I thought sounded really cool until it dawned on me that it means about 500 runners will steam past me in the first km!
Hopefully you'll have a video of the Wales v England 10k start.
Stanmer was dry but I had a bad day at the races. An Arena man who beat me is 90 secs slower at Parkrun than me. I was 3 mins down on my expected time. Have been overdoing the training and have to take it easier.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Just had 2 weeks of complete and utter tiredness, weak legs, no energy and headaches. I had crossed the thin line and overtrained. Feeling good today and ready to get going again tomorrow. Bloody sicknote.
3 weeks out from the Moyleman so lost a lot of ground. Will make a decision after next weekend on doing it or not.
Saw loads of mileage this weekend from you lot. Including @Simgull who looked good for someone who'd run from Angmering.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Just had 2 weeks of complete and utter tiredness, weak legs, no energy and headaches. I had crossed the thin line and overtrained. Feeling good today and ready to get going again tomorrow. Bloody sicknote.
3 weeks out from the Moyleman so lost a lot of ground. Will make a decision after next weekend on doing it or not.
Saw loads of mileage this weekend from you lot. Including @Simgull who looked good for someone who'd run from Angmering.
Thanks - enjoyable 18 miles this morning in great weather. That bottleneck where I saw you is going to be fun for the Half next week!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Blimey Gaffer, that doesn't sound good – I thought things were going well for you?

Hope to see you in Lewes – my legs felt a bit shot after a half yesterday, but Moyleman is all about the day out and getting to the finish line, so should be fine. Beautiful day for running yesterday and I hope to go a bit further next week, just to make sure it's not a REAL struggle on the day.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Blimey Gaffer, that doesn't sound good – I thought things were going well for you?

Hope to see you in Lewes – my legs felt a bit shot after a half yesterday, but Moyleman is all about the day out and getting to the finish line, so should be fine. Beautiful day for running yesterday and I hope to go a bit further next week, just to make sure it's not a REAL struggle on the day.

I knew it was going wrong when I couldn't pick up speed downhill. However, I have some good miles in the legs and should be ready for the day. I'll drop the longest runs down to 1.5 to 2 hours. I reckon walking fast up some of the hills may be the race strategy and bombing down the downhills.

I'll do my best to raise my pint of Harvey's to you in the Brewery Yard.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's all a bit quiet around here - everyone running OK? I put another 16.5 miles in the Bank of Moyleman this morning - over to DD and back along the SDW. Two weeks to go and I'm feeling a bit more confident than I was two weeks ago!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
It's all a bit quiet around here - everyone running OK? I put another 16.5 miles in the Bank of Moyleman this morning - over to DD and back along the SDW. Two weeks to go and I'm feeling a bit more confident than I was two weeks ago!
Some good half marathon times reported whilst we're bumbling along. My calf went again 500m into Parkrun so I'm doubtful. If I can run a half marathon by Sunday I'll give it a go.
Good to see Steve Ovett has been crowned.

Attachments

• 20230227_131243.jpg
    20230227_131243.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 45
  • 20230227_131259.jpg
    20230227_131259.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here