Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
ran 4 miles tonight with PCGull

looking forward to the marathon on April 10th

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I ran 11 miles on Friday and my left ankle is really painful now, very sharp pain when I put my weight on it for a few seconds.

Never had ankle problems before, well not that sort anyway, have torn ligaments years ago but it doesn't feel like that :(

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How's it all going folks? I'll be doing the park run tomorrow for the first time in ages. 2 weeks in, 12 to go.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not marathon training this year as I have an 8 week old baby and had a seven month injury lay-off which only concluded in mid December 2010. However, I'm pleased with the speed with which I'm regaining fitness. I ran 7.2km in half an hour yesterday - still way off the pace I was running before my injury, but pleasing none the less. :)

Ihr 20m last night. 2hr run due Sunday. Seems like a hell of a long time. I am doing the distances on the schedule - but I can't do the times. All good though. I am four weeks in!

Are you doing the Brighton Marathon Intermediate Schedule by any chance?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Not marathon training this year as I have an 8 week old baby and had a seven month injury lay-off which only concluded in mid December 2010. However, I'm pleased with the speed with which I'm regaining fitness. I ran 7.2km in half an hour yesterday - still way off the pace I was running before my injury, but pleasing none the less. :)

Congratulations Simster. Happy days. That is still bloomin' swift. Is that pushing the buggy ? Respect. I am not doing much better that 10 minute miles at the moment. Mind you I am not using a watch - so nothing is exact.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Congratulations Simster. Happy days. That is still bloomin' swift. Is that pushing the buggy ? Respect. I am not doing much better that 10 minute miles at the moment. Mind you I am not using a watch - so nothing is exact.
Thanks. :) I was running 10k in 39:30 on a track before I got injured (about 7.6km in half an hour at that pace) so some way to go yet!

I'll get it back though, hopefully around early May as I do have a five mile race in mind.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks. :) I was running 10k in 39:30 on a track before I got injured (about 7.6km in half an hour at that pace) so some way to go yet!

I'll get it back though, hopefully around early May as I do have a five mile race in mind.

I have tried sub-40 10k a number of times.....and never done it. I tip my hat to you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And I have tried a sub 3:20 marathon twice, and failed. Brighton 2012 beckons. In the meantime, hat firmly tipped in your direction.

cough (it was sub 3:10) :wink:

I think that is the one. It was off one of the emails. Are you doing it ?

I am just concentrating on doing the distances and the time of the runs. The speed training and 8.5 minute miles seem a bit beyond me.

Yes I am doing the same plan. I am doing the same with the running too, there is no way my knees can cope with 8-8.5 minute miles, so I have had to reduce the speed I run at to compensate for them.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I was at the most excellent TriYas Triathlon today in Abu Dhabi (watching only). First ever one held on a F1 racetrack apparently. 1.5k swim in the marina, 7 laps of the racetrack on the bike followed by 10k run. Does inspire you to run. May go for a jog now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Has anyone on here done the British Heart South Downs Way Challenge? It's a 20 mile run/hike and it's on 26/2/2011 this year. I've enrolled.

Cecil

Feb 8, 2008
Heathfield
I ran 11 miles on Friday and my left ankle is really painful now, very sharp pain when I put my weight on it for a few seconds.

Never had ankle problems before, well not that sort anyway, have torn ligaments years ago but it doesn't feel like that :(

Did the ankle sort itself out??

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

Congrats Sim, sleepless nights?

I have a 13 week old baby and finding training tough to fit in. Unable to do Brighton this year so have entered the North Dorset Marathon which is a few weeks later, just about on track re training.

Help requested though anyone

Have yet to run under 4hrs for a marathon - done 4hrs 15 a few times and have a 1hr 40 half, any tips on how to break the back of a 4hr?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here