Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Official: Oscar resignation accepted***

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Also, Oscar says he has been talking to the club for a while and they accepted his resignation immediately.

Makes you think the successor is already planned. Malky settled a couple of days ago with Cardiff....

Not sure he is the right man personally but who knows. BHAFC, always a drama, never a crisis...
The Malky thing does seem a bit of a coincidence and what with the players allegedly saying a successor has been found

lethaldrizzle

Apr 30, 2007
South East London
Be interesting to see what his next job is. Can't see that his CV is good enough for a Premier League job. Admittedly we reached the playoffs on a budget that should have seen us finish midtable, but he inherited a strong squad from Poyet, and he's only been in England a year.

Maybe one of the 2nd tier clubs with reckless sugardaddy owners and/or parachute payments. Norwich seems a good shout.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sherwood had a good record with Spurs, which is obviously a much higher level of football than we're at. But they were also on the end of some pretty big thrashings from the likes of Man City and Liverpool (I think).

For those that follow the premier league, and particularly Spurs, do you think he is good tactically, and managed the team well?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This really saddens me, as it heralds another summer of disruption and a close season going begging (although this year may be slightly better with less transfer movement while the World Cup is ongoing).

What actually angers me is this constant curtain of secrecy. If Oscar has resigned and the club has accepted, then there is no pending threat of legal action, so why not just tell us what has happened and where the differences lie? I appreciate that the club has good reasons for keeping things under wraps (we don't need to go declaring our finances when trying to broker deals with competitors) but it just fills me with impotent despair to be so in the dark.

Sad stuff. Very sad. So near and yet so completely bloody far away. Again.

Depends how quickly we act really. Certainly cant let it go longer than 2-3 weeks.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Probably the only 2 candidates ( within reason ) that I'd hate.
nigel_adkins_2033886c.jpg
Billy-Davies-manager-008.jpg
article-1033639-0252571A000004B0-759_468x367.jpg

???

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I like Sherwood. I would go with that or Warnock he would do a job.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey, I really didn't want this to happen, as I think Oscar is a great manager.
Plus it would now seem that there are 'issues' with how the club is run.

Pooh pants.

I guess we should be grateful it's a clean break, and the club should have a manger in place while still in May.

Magic City

Mar 29, 2014
I would love Malky to come in, however with the West Brom and Norwich jobs now open I'd be surprised if he came here.

Zola is the only other realistic candidate that I would be instantly delighted with if he came in. Someone like Sherwood would take some getting used too, mainly due to his personality, yet I still believe that he is a good up and coming English coach. Steve Clarke as well actually - but his football is very similar to what we have just endured.

Finally thank you to Oscar for a good season, reaching the play-offs was a very good achievement. I hope that he has a good future in football management!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Agree about Ferguson but Sherwood seems to have done OK at Spurs

Amongst other things, who thinks Sherwood would stick around with us ? He is used to bigger things.

Would be another 1 year manager, I predict now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here