Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official NSC Triathlon Thread

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

24.51 is a pretty rapid swim for 1500m. The start of the swim is always hard as you get caught up with everyone going too quick and you need a decent draft which can be luck more than judgement. Keeping your technique in that lot is next to impossible. I find it settles down 200m in.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
24.51 is a pretty rapid swim for 1500m. The start of the swim is always hard as you get caught up with everyone going too quick and you need a decent draft which can be luck more than judgement. Keeping your technique in that lot is next to impossible. I find it settles down 200m in.
I don't think I'm that fast so I suspect the course was short. The majority of the field were under 30 minutes and I think the timing included t1

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
2.08 as it turned out with a 24.51 swim - must have been overtaking the sprint wave that went after us but only did 1 swim lap!

That's a cracking time! Where did you place?

It's very difficult to know how accurate the swim distances are, even with as GPS watch as discussed previously they're pretty unreliable and you're unlikely to have it in your swim cap (to improve accuracy) during a race. It could be that the effects of drafting and the buoyancy from the wet suit were behind the speed increase though.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
That's a cracking time! Where did you place?

It's very difficult to know how accurate the swim distances are, even with as GPS watch as discussed previously they're pretty unreliable and you're unlikely to have it in your swim cap (to improve accuracy) during a race. It could be that the effects of drafting and the buoyancy from the wet suit were behind the speed increase though.
8th overall. 4th on the bike and 7th on the run.

I've found people's swim leg on Strava and it seems the swim was about 1200m so I managed around 22 minutes for that.

I obviously wanted to be fastest on the bike but I was on my road bike with normal wheels and no aero helmet so I reckon I could get the 2 minutes back with that lot! [emoji1]

I think it's definitely half ironman for me next year plus seeing how much aero stuff I can sneak into the house without the wife noticing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here