Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Official NSC Dog Bore Thread

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Just sending you a big hug Adders mate. My Rosie passed away 3 years ago and every so often something catches me unawares and it all comes flooding back. Just take your time and grieve properly.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I lost my Labrador today - Jess aka Polar Bear aka Red Dog

Our GSP is devastated - we brought her body back home after failed emergency surgery at 7am (Jess was only 8) so the GSO could make peace with the idea. Between the GSP and me our grief levels are at dangerous levels

Why is the world so cruel ?
I’m really sorry to hear that. I know it is no consolation now, but the best advice I have ever been given is that over time the current sad memories will subside and the good memories will take their place. My thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
Everyone - thanks so much for your comments advice and understanding - dog people are the only people that really understand this grief and NSC is such a wonderful and cathartic place sometimes. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
Sp sorry to hear this.
I lost my last GSP Holly two weeks ago, 2 days shy of her 16th Birthday. She's joined her brothers somewhere now, funnily enough one called Adder.
Dogless for the first time in nearly 20 yrs and feeling a little bit lost. Will wait awhile before getting another though, catching up on a few life things first, and I still get to train a large number of other people's dogs which is great.

They leave such a hole :cry:
I’m so sorry for your loss - 16 is a very good age for a pointer, they are just the best dogs - so intelligent and affectionate.

our older lady Bindi was still zipping about a couple of days before she died in 2021 at a similar age. I cannot put into words how much I feel your pain, I hope the training helps in some small way to alleviating your pain. My partner is also a trainer, unfortunately she spends most of her time training me!

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I’m all yours. Come and get me😂😂
IMG_2086.jpeg

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Lost our Charlie-boy (springer) back in the summer aged 14.

I've just signed up with guide dogs for the blind to be a volunteer fosterer for respite needs. Means taking a dog in for anywhere between 1 day and 3 months to provide a loving home / environment. Maybe avoids getting too attached while still enjoying their company? Time will tell ...

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Last edited:

el punal

Picked up this lovely little lad a couple of weeks ago. Still finding his feet in the house but he has settled in well. Lots of nipping going on, loads of effort but it's obviously worth it all. Looking forward to being able to get him out for some walks in the next week or so to get some energy out! View attachment 170142View attachment 170143
Good to see he’s turned over a new leaf! :lolol:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008

3 operations later, the culprit is out, one huge hole in his chest to remove infection and find the bugger, then further infection which now appears to be healing.

Our Vet bills was is quite a bit more than yours!

Attachments

• grass seed.jpeg
    grass seed.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 40

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Picked up this lovely little lad a couple of weeks ago. Still finding his feet in the house but he has settled in well. Lots of nipping going on, loads of effort but it's obviously worth it all. Looking forward to being able to get him out for some walks in the next week or so to get some energy out! View attachment 170142View attachment 170143
Congratulations! Utterly mental breed but so much fun.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Came home tonight so f***ed and stressed. Until Solly our Chihuahua needed cuddling whilst I kicked a tennis ball for Pumps our Jack Russell……
I still need alcohol but they so help out
That’s why I miss my dog so much - it’s really hard not having that unconditional love that dogs can give you.

Feel better Q.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That’s why I miss my dog so much - it’s really hard not having that unconditional love that dogs can give you.

Feel better Q.
I am now until the morning….. get up 6-30 to take them out and there both nothing but trouble

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here