[Albion] OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD: Albion vs Newcastle - PL Summer Series - 28th July 2023

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Totally agree. I'm guessing they don't think he's ready for a loan. But he's not ready to regularly contribute. He'll do some kind of job but I actually thought both Cam and Weir looked better on the right against Brentford.
He’s only 18 so I wonder if the thought process for this season is that he will benefit more training with us and playing cups/odd minutes than he would from a loan

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I love Mitoma, but yeah, I feel he needs to find another angle for his game. Other teams have figured him out and won't let him do what he was doing in the first half or so of last season. He needs to be able to mix it up a bit to keep opponents on their toes.
I feel Mitoma is going to end up being an impact sub this season

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
It's a pre season game with both sides missing loads of key players, no player is going to be busting a gut in a game like this. I think the only thing you can actually read into from this game is that the players are sharp, the squad looks good and we are well on course to carry on from where we left off.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
It seems the American fans don't get to their seats until 15 minutes in then spend the rest of the half talking crap then leave their seats on 40 minutes for more food and drink
Obviously it will be repeated second half and also the game is nowhere near a sell out as advertised.
We’ve taught the yanks how to announce a pretendance

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I love Mitoma, but yeah, I feel he needs to find another angle for his game. Other teams have figured him out and won't let him do what he was doing in the first half or so of last season. He needs to be able to mix it up a bit to keep opponents on their toes.
In his defence he does seem to have two men on him pretty quickly

mile oak

May 21, 2023
The camera and direction of this match is diabolical.
I switch mob phone to laptop at HT and weve just had 5 mins of literally watching each manager. Very odd. Pic of lit up e/state building I admit looked good with PL purple.

Ould actually like to see if he can play as a10. Don't think he's a right winger. Mind you, Gross ain't a right back, but that doesn't stop him
Scorchio right flank there

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Newcastle have a great squad now, just looking at those pictures of Tonali, Joelinton, Almerion.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The thing about Mitoma is March...without him they can absolutely focus on Mitoma and not worry about the right. With March is a double threat.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
It seems the American fans don't get to their seats until 15 minutes in then spend the rest of the half talking crap then leave their seats on 40 minutes for more food and drink
Obviously it will be repeated second half and also the game is nowhere near a sell out as advertised.

No pies but lots of New York food, hot dogs, pretzels, beer, beer, beer, soft drinks...........

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
After having read that Enciso might need to be sent to the second team, now Mitoma needs to go on the bench based on the preseason in favor of the new flavors of the month. Man. Tough fanbase.
Pointing out a player is on a poor run of form and could lose his place isn’t writing the player off. Good players use the time to work on their game and fight for their spot by training superbly and making an impression with their match minutes. Don’t be melodramatic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports