[Albion] OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD: Albion vs Newcastle - PL Summer Series - 28th July 2023

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think Higginbotham is doing very well as part of the commentary team. They’ve both been very complimentary about us actually
Higginbotham is a brilliant pundit/co comm. He works hard and really does his homework on whatever teams he’s commentating on, really knows his stuff.

Top bloke too.

Deserves bigger gigs than he gets at the moment, he’s so much better than the more high profile ones.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Agree. I would have said Sarmiento was a distance ahead of him if it was between the two of them to be in the squad
Totally agree. I'm guessing they don't think he's ready for a loan. But he's not ready to regularly contribute. He'll do some kind of job but I actually thought both Cam and Weir looked better on the right against Brentford.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Mitoma has been quiet. I would love to him him running at the fullback.

My hope for this season is also that we improve from the dead ball.

. . . an Lallana's finishing :ROFLMAO:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Crazy to say it but I suspect Adingra will be pushing Mitoma VERY hard for Luton.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Expected more from Mitoma after Adingra’s performance the other night and the fact he’s against a youth team player for them
Not been impressed at all by Mitoma so far in this tournament, he will find his form again though

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Buonaotte. Not there quite there yet. And he's not a right winger..we are showing an amazing amount of faith and patience with him given the quality on this squad.
Ould actually like to see if he can play as a10. Don't think he's a right winger. Mind you, Gross ain't a right back, but that doesn't stop him

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Mitoma seriously needs to up his performances or I can see Joao Pedro claiming that left sided attacking position very quickly
I love Mitoma, but yeah, I feel he needs to find another angle for his game. Other teams have figured him out and won't let him do what he was doing in the first half or so of last season. He needs to be able to mix it up a bit to keep opponents on their toes.

Nicks

It seems the American fans don't get to their seats until 15 minutes in then spend the rest of the half talking crap then leave their seats on 40 minutes for more food and drink
Obviously it will be repeated second half and also the game is nowhere near a sell out as advertised.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I love Mitoma, but yeah, I feel he needs to find another angle for his game. Other teams have figured him out and won't let him do what he was doing in the first half or so of last season. He needs to be able to mix it up a bit to keep opponents on their toes.
I noticed towards the back end of last season and so far this (pre) season, he seems absolutely unwilling to go down the outside. I’ve commented on it on the last two matches, plus a couple at the end of last season. He’s flat out refusing to do it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not a bad half at all but I'd like to see Adingra on for Buonanotte and JP for Welbeck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports