Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Football Manager 2009 Career Thread

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Well I got sacked by Brighton three quarters of the way through the season after losing the dressing room. Took the Cambridge Utd job in the Blue Square Prem, and won that in my first season after signing Fleetwood (22 goals) and Brett Ormerod (15 goals). Currently mid table in League 2, while Brighton have gone into Admin and are falling rapidly. They should have stuck by me...

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
Lost in johnston paint trophy final to carlisle 2-1, last min bridges goal. nearly 3 mil in debt, about 6 games to go in the league sitting 10th. Board arnt happy with me Murray and Forster have finally started scoring a few goals though

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Im in January, 1.5 mil in debt! anyone else had this problem? I havnt gone over with the wage budget or anything like that
Mid December, mid table and over £1m in debt!! Within wage and transfer budget!!

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
Into my second season with the albion, the board stuck with me despite a dissapointing 11th placed finish last season. Being in a huge amount of debt, think it got to about 3 mil (because of Falmer), the board keep injecting a few hundred k here n there to keep us going. been given no transfer funds and a very small wage cap.

Sitting 4th in the leage after 8 games, Murray is on fire at the moment 8 goals in 10 app. Erick Delgado in goal has been superb.

Transfers in: Aaron Davies - Nottingham Forest - Free
Kieron Gibbs - Arsenal - Loan
Jonathon Douglas - Leeds - Free

Transfers Out: Steven Thomson - 100k Shrewsbury
Colin Hawkins 9k - Notts County
Jonny Dixon - Free Cheltenham.

Lost in the league cup 3rd round to Arsenal 1-0.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
My son (age 10) has been getting into this by playing CM03/04 and he loves it. Have just managed to get a copy of FM08 off Ebay for him for £3.49

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
For the fourth time, I have had a corrupt game and therefore have to start again. Total f***ing joke, and I won't be bothering this time. Useless piece of shit.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
How did you get him? He wont come to my sunderland team. it is annoying me.

I signed him in the pre-season of my first year in the Prem. His contract was up at Milan and I offered him silly money (like 30+ thousand per week) to join, not thinking he would accept but he did. Has been OUTSTANDING for 3 and a half seasons, hardly missed a game or put a foot wrong.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Right, I haven't been into FM recently, had a Brighton game going but wasn't really into it. I decided to start a game where I thought I could get sucsess & build a team that could Dominant Europe, I chose Glasgow Celtic FC.

I didn't want to buy to many players in my first 'window' as i felt it could unsettle the squad, plus i knew i had a squad that could challenge for the SPL title anyway. So i decided to bring in a Expirenced, yet decent striker to 'back-up', Samaras, Mcdonald & Van Jenegoor of Hesselink. I went for Diego Tristan, sitting in the West Ham reserves doing f*** all so i thought, why not? 300k seemed a steal, espically as i was given £9 Million to start with. I also got Edgar Davids to sit in the Holding role, as i have quite a few youngster in that posistion so i might get him to 'tutor' them.

I also went for Fabian Delph ( 500k from Leeds United) & Drew Surman ( £1.5 Million) for a bit of FLAIR ;). I also plan to get Appiah when he recovers from his 2 month injury so he passes a medical. I did put in a £5 million offer for Jimmy Bullard but Fulham wanted £9.5 million, piss taking so and so's.

I've played one game in the SPL so far against St Mirren, I won 1-0 with Diego Tristan 'NETTING' on his debut. An easy encounter, and a wins a win.

Will let you know how I get on.

GatwickEmployee

Aug 30, 2008
Horley, Surrey
Got FM09 for xmas.. So thought id share... So far indifferent season unable to string a run together but sitting mid-table 3 points of playoffs at end of november still in FA Cup after beating Swindon Submarine 4-0 on tv in Round 1, Dagenham & Redbridge await in Round2.. Highlight so far a 6-0 home thumping of Carlisle with Forster and Murray bagging 2 each.. Low point, losing 4-1 away to Bristol Rovers after being 1-0 up at half time..
Lynch, Whing, Fraser, Cox and Elphick all attracting interest from bigger clubs so the transfer window could be interesting. Only spent 30k.. Fleetwood from Charlton for 6k and Brian Murphy for 24k from Bohemians as a back up keeper to Kuipers. Chelsea are my parent club and have sent me Ricardo Fernandes on loan who has been un-impressive in midfield.. Other loan signings are Gary Borrowdale from Coventry, Ryan Crowther from Liverpool, Dean Sinclair from Charlton and Francisco Merida from Arsenal.. Forster leading goalscorer with 11 goals in 20 appearances.. Tommy Elphick best player avg 7.22.. Will update once through to feb and transfer window is shut!!!!!:albion2:

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
3 games to go in the second season, 2 points off playoffs and we go into administration. 10 points deducted. nearly 4 mil in debt. Havnt been able to make decent signings all season. sooooo annoying

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
15 games gone : -

SPL.

15 games gone.

1.Celtic ( 33 points)
2.Rangers ( 32 points)
3.Hearts ( 27 points)

CL Group.

5 games gone.

1.Chelsea ( 13 points) Q
2.Roma ( 8 points)
3.Celtic ( 7 points)
4.CFR Cluj (0 points)

Celtic v Chelsea
CFR Cluj v Roma
I need to better Roma's result.

Won manager of the months, 2 times out of a possible 3 :p

Have a few player coming in January:p

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Time for an update!!!!!

Managed to rescue my save game after a clean install of Vista, due to a nasty blue-screening occurance. And today my first day of re-installed FM 2009 bliss.

DATE:

Sunday 27th November 2011

LEAGUE TABLE:

Premier League:

1st Arsenal - 37pts
2nd Man Utd - 29pts
3rd Aston Villa - 27pts
4th Everton - 26pts
5th Liverpool - 25pts
6th Sunderland - 24pts
7th Tottenham - 23pts
8th Portsmouth - 23pts
9th Man City - 22pts
10th Chelsea - 17pts
11th Brighton & Hove Albion - 14pts
12th Blackburn - 14pts
13th Fulham - 14pts
14th West Ham - 12pts
15th Reading - 11pts
16th West Brom - 10pts
17th Charlton - 10pts
18th Birmingham - 10pts
19th Middlesborough - 9pts
20th Newcastle - 4pts

All teams played 13 games, except West Brom, Birmingham, Middlesborough and Newcastle.

CUP COMPETITIONS:

League Cup Second Round - Crystal Palace (CHAMPIONSHIP) (A) 3-2

League Cup Third Round - Tottenham Hotspur (PREM) (H) 2-0

League Cup Fourth Round - Blackburn Rovers (PREM) (A) 0-3

TRANSFERS SINCE LAST UPDATE:

IN:

Nicola Iachemet (AMRLC) (Unattached - Free)
Stoyan Gorov (MC) (Paderborn - £1.4m) - Joining 01/01/2012
Toni Wachsmuth (DC) (Paderborn - Free) - Joining 01/01/2012

OUT:

Mauro Anaclerio (Ipswich - Loan)
Rodolphe Roche (Norwich - Loan)

CURRENT TEAM:

My "strongest" team, as of today, ignoring injuries/suspensions is;

Daniel Fernandes (GK), Ibrahima Faye (LB), Andy Whing (RB), Joel Lynch (CB), Tommy Elphick (CB), Andrea Spina (LM), John Pantsil (RM), David Livermore (CM), Jan Polak (CM), Craig Bellamy (ST), Matty Fryatt (ST)

Squad;

Darren Randolph (GK), Craig Burke (GK - first year scholar) Gary Borrowdale (LB), Ross Hill (CB), David Edgar (DC, DM, MC - on loan from Newcastle until end of season), Gregory Proment (DM, MC - injured for three months), Ian Reynolds (MC - first year scholar), Chris Dobson (AMC - young talent), Dean Cox (AMRLC), Nicola Iachemet (AMRLC), Chris Rogers (AMR - young talent), Nacho Novo (AMR, ST), Morten Petersen (AML, ST), Luis Gabriel Rey (ST)

Players out on loan;

Villa Kouvalainen (GK), Rodolphe Roche (GK), Thierry Bin (LB), Louis Bailey (D/MC), Mauro Anaclerio (MR, ST), Mikkel Jensen (MC), Francisco Vives (MC), Stian Holmen (AMR), Lars Langseth (ST), Wayne Parry (ST)

CONCLUSION:

Good start, first season in Premier League. Highlights so far;

Decent enough League Cup run with second string out. (Including beating Palace)
Draws against Chelsea (A) - 0-0 - and Liverpool (H) - 3-3, and a very unlucky last minute defeat to Arsenal (A) - 2-3
Thrashed Reading (H) - 5-1

IN OTHER NEWS:

Have only one associated club - Grimsby Town still - as can't get anybody else!

Arsenal are amazing and Pat Rice is their manager - on, wait for it, £125,000 A WEEK.

Lost first competitive game at Falmer to Sunderland 0-3.
First win at Falmer was against Birmingham 2-1 live on television.

Balance; £12,004,064 - still owe Bank loans;
£120k (£3k pm until 30/06/2012)
£6.25m (£95k pm until 29/07/2016)
£20m (£190k pm until 24/09/2034)

Wages;
£128,184 pw allowed
£115,285 pw current

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Won the SPL by 12 points. :)
Won the Scottish League Cup.
Got knocked out of the UEFA Cup by Sevilla 6-5 on agg ( I lost 5-2 away, after being 5-1 down at HT - I then went 3-0 up at home, until the 87th minute Kuntoute scored to make it 3-1 ( 6-5)):angry:
Knocked out of Scottish Cup by Hearts in the QF's, 3-2. ( Beat Montrose 8-0 & Cowdenbeath 9-0 in previous rounds:lolol:)

Got Daniel Sturridge, Amr Zaki & Jay Demerit coming in July :clap:.

Also, in January i gambled on brining Henrik Larrson back to Celtic Park, payed him 10k a week, gave him the starts he ended up scoring 15 goals in 15 games ( All comps) :) :D :).

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Have many people who bought this game had problems with it (bugs etc ) ?

Was tempted to buy it but heard some people had issues with it , will i be better off buying an older version (07 version ?) or is this 2009 game problem free now ?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Was tempted to buy it but heard some people had issues with it , will i be better off buying an older version (07 version ?) or is this 2009 game problem free now ?

Just make sure you download the most up to date patch and you'll be fine.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

It's FAR from problem free at the moment in my opinion. A third patch will probably be coming out in early February (so, only 4 months after release) which will hopefully sort everything out but I'm not holding my breath.

Pettitt303

Registered Drug Abuser
Oct 28, 2006
East, East, East Sussex
right, here it goes..

After a promising pre season and a few "good" signings (Fowler etc) i found myself top of the league untill about january, when my success obviously had drawn attention and most of the best players were off. Lost Cox, Whing, Robinson, Fraser and alot of others.
my position began to turn into a nightmare as i went on a losing streak of 7, not very good. So i decided to dip into the loan market. Fran Merida, Mark Randall, Rodrigo Possebon and Fabio were signed on load till the end of the season, and this managed to drag me into the final play off place, and scrap through a nervous 5-4 agg. win over peterborough to get to the final. Which ended in a 3-1 victory over Oldham. pretty good as i only had 2 shots, and the other was an own goal.
Big clear out in the summer, decided to get Rhys Murphy on load from the arse, all the toher loaness going back. Manucho and Christophe Berra signed on loan with view to permanent deals after a cash injection of £5.3 million to "keep up with the costs of running the club" Elphick, Virgo decided to jump ship for about £3 mill combined (middlesborough and west brom)

free agents seem to have been my saviour so far, Stepher Bywater, Andy Van Der Meyde, Vrastislav Gresko, Sammy Traore, Alan McCormack all joined on next to nothing wages. Shaleum Logan and Ryan Betrand joined on loan, with the latter earning a call up to the FULL England squad out of the blue. Currently in October second season and season VERY COMFORTABLY in 5th postion with Lewis Young, Jimmy Nirlo, and Damien Le Tallec my best performers. Only original players left Livermore and Murray. Hoping for promotion, but can see mid table mediocrity this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here