Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Football Manager 2009 Career Thread

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Just entered september season 2, no transfers in or out since last time.
In the league i'm doing ok, my aim was simply to try and stay up. Beat stoke at home 2-0 in the league cup, thanks to Victor mendys quality brace. Then drew with wigan at home, with a delph penalty, followed swiftly by a 2-0 defeat at ipswich. Just beaten doncaster 5-2 :clap: with goals from delph, livermore, taylor fletcher, mifsud, and of course Victor Mendy:bowdown:

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Yeah, 80GB should be fine, but if your not that interested in the 3D then it shouldnt be too slow. 1024m RAM would make the game alot quicker than what you have now.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'm running;

Gateway P-6860FX Gaming Portable 17"

C2D T5550 1.83ghz, 4GB RAM, 320 GB HDD, NVIDIA 8800 GTS (512mb cache)

And it STILL runs like a bitch. Horrible code from the Collyers.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I've literally only just started my first game as Brighton. Haven't even played a friendly yet. I'm just sorting out my squad really. I'm trying to sign Ashley Neal and Freddie Sears on Loan from West Ham, and pondering whether to sell Robinson and Fraser on to the clubs showing interest.

I will try and update, but I think you guys have left me WAY behind. Not only that but I reckon I'm gonna struggle :(

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
August 2012 - I RESIGN FROM WREXHAM.

I failed to get into the playoffs again and am getting pissed off with my wage budget getting lower all the time and was not able to buy any players without selling first.

Missed out on Huddersfield job, but I don't want to apply for clubs below League 2.

I have just been offered Netherlands Antilles job though, which could make interest in me rise :)

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Going into January now and we have indeed suffered a bit of a meltdown - just got our first win in about eight (albeit only 2 defeats in that) away to Cheltenham.

Richards is gone, in his place I've signed Daniel Jones from Wolves who looks good - hasn't played yet though as he's just recovering from injury. Have also got Brian Murphy, Irish keeper in for a bargain £10k who kept our first clean sheet in about 10 games on his debut. Have scored in something like 114 consecutive league games now but not won all that many of them - thank f**k for Murray who is STILL on fire as otherwise I dread to think where we'd be.

Got Spurs as a feeder club now too so I'm hoping for some decent players from them. Slusarski broke his arm so was sent back to WBA; in an ideal world I'll get in a striker and an MR before the window shuts. We're 10th but only about 3 points off 5th so the season could go either way yet. Out of the FA cup to Portsmouth 1-0, oh well.

Try telling Murray to place shots, I've done this and he's got 20+ goals already - fantastic player AND I'm on his favourite personnel now :clap2:

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
August 2012 - I RESIGN FROM WREXHAM.

I failed to get into the playoffs again and am getting pissed off with my wage budget getting lower all the time and was not able to buy any players without selling first.

Missed out on Huddersfield job, but I don't want to apply for clubs below League 2.

I have just been offered Netherlands Antilles job though, which could make interest in me rise :)

Scrap that, I loaded up a save from just before I quit and carried on.

I found it to hard to find a job but I will keep my eye open.

Has anyone else noticed that there is a lot of finacial trouble in this game?

In my game Liverpool got a 9 point deduction for going into administration losing them the title to make them finish 2nd.
Brighton are bottom of league 2 after also going into administration.

Dizzle.

Aug 9, 2008
Perth, Australia
I cant quite believe it but i have been automatically promoted!

45 games played at the table looks like this:

Leeds: 102 pts
Scunthorpe: 84 pts
Albion: 83 pts
Millwall: 77 pts

Last game of the season has The Albion at home to Leicester City and Scunthorpe away to Hereford United.

David Livermore rallied the troops as the build up to the dramatic last day of season for either Brighton and Hove Albion or Leicester City. Albion had to hope that Scunthorpe would drop points at 19th placed Hereford and make sure that they themselves took all available points from Leicester who also needed to win to make it into the play offs.

The odds were firmly stacked against Albion beating leicester while Scunthorpe were heavy favourites to ease past Hereford.

The match finally started between Albion and Leicester and they both started with 4-4-2 formations although albion looks a bit more on the defensive counter attacking style of play from the kick off.

The match started brightly for The Albion and they made there early dominance pay when a quick one two on the right wing between Adam Hinshelwood and Jack Collison left Hinshelwood in plenty of space to whip in a curling ball to the front post. The ball landed straight at a Leicester City defender but his touch was far too heavy and On-loan Arsenal striker Jay Simpson quickly reacted to poke the ball into the back of the net and put Albion ahead 1-0.

The match was played at intense pace with both teams having several chances to score. Both keepers looked to be at the top of there game but there still looked like there would be more goals in this game.

Half time was quickly approaching and as Albion took control of the game and Leicester went defensive to make sure they went in only 1-0 down at half time. 20 seconds were remaining of the half and Leicester hoofed the ball out for a throw which Dan Smith quicky took the throw to In-form Striker Glenn Murray. Brilliant hold up play lead to some space being created for David Livermore and Murray quicky found him with a well weighted pass and Livermore made no mistake by smashing the ball home into the top corner of the net to make it 2-0 to the Albion

Albion looked to be in control and went pushing for a 3rd. David Livermore had a free kick on the edge of the area and went for the cross only for it to be hit straight into the 2 man wall. The Deflection fell to Matty Fryatt who hoofed the ball upfield to Dyer who then quickly played in a ball to DJ Campbell who ran the distance of half the pitch to smash the ball past Albion Keeper Michel Kuipers. 2-1

Leicester knew they could get something in this game and they went on the attack forcing Albion on the Defensive. It was all leicester as they went on the attack but they could not find a way through the brilliant Albion Defence. A hoof upfield from Joel Lynch landed at Leicester's Tunchev's feet and he went for the long ball straight to Tommy Elphick. Some Neat passing from the albion ended up at Dean Cox who skillfully graced passed Two Defenders before playing the ball through Glenn Murray who had no problems in sealing the game for the Albion and make it 3-1.

The full time whistle went and Albion and there fans were praying that Scunthorpe had dropped points. The announcement came through as Hereford 0-0 Scunthorpe. Albion had been promoted!!!!

Final Table

Leeds: Pts 105
Albion: Pts 86
Hereford: Pts 85
Millwall: pts 80

:ascarf::albion2::ascarf:

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
I cant quite believe it but i have been automatically promoted!

45 games played at the table looks like this:

Leeds: 102 pts
Scunthorpe: 84 pts
Albion: 83 pts
Millwall: 77 pts

Last game of the season has The Albion at home to Leicester City and Scunthorpe away to Hereford United.

David Livermore rallied the troops as the build up to the dramatic last day of season for either Brighton and Hove Albion or Leicester City. Albion had to hope that Scunthorpe would drop points at 19th placed Hereford and make sure that they themselves took all available points from Leicester who also needed to win to make it into the play offs.

The odds were firmly stacked against Albion beating leicester while Scunthorpe were heavy favourites to ease past Hereford.

The match finally started between Albion and Leicester and they both started with 4-4-2 formations although albion looks a bit more on the defensive counter attacking style of play from the kick off.

The match started brightly for The Albion and they made there early dominance pay when a quick one two on the right wing between Adam Hinshelwood and Jack Collison left Hinshelwood in plenty of space to whip in a curling ball to the front post. The ball landed straight at a Leicester City defender but his touch was far too heavy and On-loan Arsenal striker Jay Simpson quickly reacted to poke the ball into the back of the net and put Albion ahead 1-0.

The match was played at intense pace with both teams having several chances to score. Both keepers looked to be at the top of there game but there still looked like there would be more goals in this game.

Half time was quickly approaching and as Albion took control of the game and Leicester went defensive to make sure they went in only 1-0 down at half time. 20 seconds were remaining of the half and Leicester hoofed the ball out for a throw which Dan Smith quicky took the throw to In-form Striker Glenn Murray. Brilliant hold up play lead to some space being created for David Livermore and Murray quicky found him with a well weighted pass and Livermore made no mistake by smashing the ball home into the top corner of the net to make it 2-0 to the Albion

Albion looked to be in control and went pushing for a 3rd. David Livermore had a free kick on the edge of the area and went for the cross only for it to be hit straight into the 2 man wall. The Deflection fell to Matty Fryatt who hoofed the ball upfield to Dyer who then quickly played in a ball to DJ Campbell who ran the distance of half the pitch to smash the ball past Albion Keeper Michel Kuipers. 2-1

Leicester knew they could get something in this game and they went on the attack forcing Albion on the Defensive. It was all leicester as they went on the attack but they could not find a way through the brilliant Albion Defence. A hoof upfield from Joel Lynch landed at Leicester's Tunchev's feet and he went for the long ball straight to Tommy Elphick. Some Neat passing from the albion ended up at Dean Cox who skillfully graced passed Two Defenders before playing the ball through Glenn Murray who had no problems in sealing the game for the Albion and make it 3-1.

The full time whistle went and Albion and there fans were praying that Scunthorpe had dropped points. The announcement came through as Hereford 0-0 Scunthorpe. Albion had been promoted!!!!

Final Table

Leeds: Pts 105
Albion: Pts 86
Hereford: Pts 85
Millwall: pts 80

:ascarf::albion2::ascarf:

Hereford have risen a few places :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here