Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Football Manager 2009 Career Thread

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Well, that's it... 25 games played, sitting 'comfortably' in 19th place after being 6 points adrift at the foot, finally finding some form but Forster can't score for toffee, Murray & Thomson can though!... Off to work for a week now (bugger) so will resume next Friday for my play off push!!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I have been rejuvinated, starting again, but adding in Johnson, Thornton, Anyinsah on loan

I managed to sell Joel Lynch, and get Phillipe Christanval on a free transfer as his replacement

Signed Jay Simpson on loan too to add to the prolific Murray and the average Forster

After 7 games, I have 14 points sitting mid table, and in the second round of the carling cup after scraping through against Hereford 2-1

I also signed Ishmel Demontagnac for £100k, but the fans didnt like it, but he scored 2 on his debut

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Cheat :jester:

5 games left in my season, and im 6 points behind play offs.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'm 13th after 8 games, started well but then lost 3 in a row, struggling to figure out a decent formation

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Thought I might as well update my story, after reading how everyone else is faring!!

Here's part one from the other thread;

Opened pre-season with a 6-1 win at Worthing (A), then 4-1 win at Bognor Regis (A) five days later - then a much changed line-up for the 1-1 draw against Dundee United (H), before scraping a 1-0 win again Barnet (H). Finished pre-season with a 3-1 win against Everton Reserves (H).

Signings as follows;

IN:

Walter Lopez - West Ham (Loan)
Stuart Fleetwood - Charlton (Loan)
Robbie Fowler - Blackburn (Free)
Billy Jones - Crewe (£100k)
Sander Westerveld - Unattached (Free)
Francisco Merida - Arsenal (Loan)
Liam Fox - Livington (£24k)
Seyfo Soley - Unattached (Free)

OUT:

Sam Gargan - Fisher (Loan)
Louis Kane - Brentford (Loan)
Scott Chamberlain - Brentford (Loan)
Jack Compton - Barnet (Loan)
Jonny Dixon - Cambridge United (Loan)
Andrew Pearson - Barnet (Loan)
Dan Royce - Grays Athletic (Loan)
Kane Wills - Woking (Loan)
Doug Loft - Kidderminster (£30k)
Jake Robinson - Swansea (£160k)
Adam Hinshelwood - Released (Now at Tranmere Rovers)

1st - Leeds United P5 13 points
2nd - Millwall P6 13 points
3rd - Brighton & Hove Albion P6 13 points

Highlight so far;

League Cup Second Round - Crystal Palace (H)

Beat Brentford (H) 1-0 in the First Round

0-0 F/T AET (Livermore S/O 34mins - persistent foul play)
Brighton win 5-4 on penalties

AND

Johnstone's Paint Trophy First Round

Brighton 1 - Leyton Orient 1 F/T
Brighton win 6-5 on penalties

Dean Cox equalised in the 90th minute!

So third in the league, in the League Cup Third Round (drawn to Manchester United (A)!!), and in the paint pot cup Second Round to Aldershot (A)!!

Part two on way! :)

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Thought I might as well update my story, after reading how everyone else is faring!!

Here's part one from the other thread;

Opened pre-season with a 6-1 win at Worthing (A), then 4-1 win at Bognor Regis (A) five days later - then a much changed line-up for the 1-1 draw against Dundee United (H), before scraping a 1-0 win again Barnet (H). Finished pre-season with a 3-1 win against Everton Reserves (H).

Signings as follows;

IN:

Walter Lopez - West Ham (Loan)
Stuart Fleetwood - Charlton (Loan)
Robbie Fowler - Blackburn (Free)
Billy Jones - Crewe (£100k)
Sander Westerveld - Unattached (Free)
Francisco Merida - Arsenal (Loan)
Liam Fox - Livington (£24k)
Seyfo Soley - Unattached (Free)

OUT:

Sam Gargan - Fisher (Loan)
Louis Kane - Brentford (Loan)
Scott Chamberlain - Brentford (Loan)
Jack Compton - Barnet (Loan)
Jonny Dixon - Cambridge United (Loan)
Andrew Pearson - Barnet (Loan)
Dan Royce - Grays Athletic (Loan)
Kane Wills - Woking (Loan)
Doug Loft - Kidderminster (£30k)
Jake Robinson - Swansea (£160k)
Adam Hinshelwood - Released (Now at Tranmere Rovers)

1st - Leeds United P5 13 points
2nd - Millwall P6 13 points
3rd - Brighton & Hove Albion P6 13 points

Highlight so far;

League Cup Second Round - Crystal Palace (H)

Beat Brentford (H) 1-0 in the First Round

0-0 F/T AET (Livermore S/O 34mins - persistent foul play)
Brighton win 5-4 on penalties

AND

Johnstone's Paint Trophy First Round

Brighton 1 - Leyton Orient 1 F/T
Brighton win 6-5 on penalties

Dean Cox equalised in the 90th minute!

So third in the league, in the League Cup Third Round (drawn to Manchester United (A)!!), and in the paint pot cup Second Round to Aldershot (A)!!

Part two on way! :)

You are much more aggressive with the Loans in and out that I am, I guess that is why you are 3rd and I am 13th after about the same number of matches! Lesson learned

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
2 games left in my AFC Wimbledon save; Chelmsford (H), Weston Super Mare (A).

I'm 4 points adrift of the play offs, so getting to the play offs is unlikely.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Only one transfer dealing - Jack Compton's contract expired, so his loan finished early and I promptly released him - despite being capped for Wales U21's a week previous. He is currently without a club, after 13 games for Barnet, no goals, no assists and an average rating of 6.

Crashed out of the League Cup Third Round to Manchester United (A) - lost 4-2 against a full-strength United side - Bebatov scoring a hattrick, Forster with a double at Old Trafford.

This was followed by one point from the next two league games, losing to Swindon Town (A) 1-0 and luckily drawing against Southend United (H) 1-1.
Next up was a much changed side which lost to Aldershot Town (A) in the Paint Pot Trophy - 1-1 - Aldershot winning 4-2 on penalties.

In typical Albion style, we bounced back to win 3-1 against MK Dons (H) and get a valuable 1-1 draw against Millwall (A), followed by a 2-0 win against Peterborough (H).

Then a SHOCKING performance against Stockport (A) saw us thrashed 5-2, and it should have been more. Robbie Fowler came off the bench for his competitive debut, played 7 minutes and then broke his foot. Again. £3.5k per week until 2010.. looking like a terrible signing..

This was followed by an embarrassing defeat to Leyton Orient (H) 0-1, before inexplicably bouncing back to comfortably beat top of the table Leeds 2-0, Cox and Virgo (now playing as a target man due to the sheer number of injuries) on target in front of 5899.

So far;

1st - Leeds United P15 37 points
2nd - Oldham Athetic P15 36 points
3rd - Millwall P15 28 points
4th - Brighton & Hove Albion P15 27 points

Got Bournemouth (H) next in the FA Cup First Round, our final hope of Cup success (lol).

Best player so far statistically has been Tommy Elphick, 17 games av. rat. 7.10. But this is of course, bollocks.

Nicky Forster has been single handedly carrying the team, Zamora-esque, with 14 (1)apps, 12 goals.

IN OTHER NEWS:

Glenn Hoddle was appointed new Portsmouth manager
Palace are 3rd :(

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
You are much more aggressive with the Loans in and out that I am, I guess that is why you are 3rd and I am 13th after about the same number of matches! Lesson learned

Strongly recommend choosing the best possible team as your parent club in FM09 - they send quality players to you - over the course of the season too. In FM08 they only sent a couple, and always just after you've made the link, and always pretty average players.

Also, use your Assistant Manager "Compile Loan Player Availability" option - this is what led me to getting Merida - who is getting better as the season progresses :)

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
3 games into my season with Sunderland. Brought in Elphick for 300k. I'm planning on using him this season on the bench mainly and training with the first team. Maybe send him out on loan next year to a championship side, with a view to bring him in the following year and slowly blood him into first team material.

Jimmy Grimble

Gotta admire jcdenton08 for his commitment to the write-ups.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
hehe, it's for my own enjoyment, i doubt anybody actually enjoys reading my musings :p takes about 5 minutes to write per part.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Just taken Federico Turienzo on a 2 week trial. Could do a job.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Strongly recommend choosing the best possible team as your parent club in FM09 - they send quality players to you - over the course of the season too. In FM08 they only sent a couple, and always just after you've made the link, and always pretty average players.

Also, use your Assistant Manager "Compile Loan Player Availability" option - this is what led me to getting Merida - who is getting better as the season progresses :)

Sounds like a plan!

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Fate is still conspiring against me in the biggest way possible. My laptop BROKE the day before FM came out. It got taken away for repair on Monday but as yet no sign.

Reading this thread is just making me hungry to play.

On the plus side I have been using this time to do all my uni work for the term so that when my laptop is back, I can hit FM BIG TIME!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
2 games left in my AFC Wimbledon save; Chelmsford (H), Weston Super Mare (A).

I'm 4 points adrift of the play offs, so getting to the play offs is unlikely.

:cry::cry: - EVER SINGLE result was going my way, Bath & Havant and Waterlooville were losing, Thurrock were drawing this meant if results stayed the same and i won, i would be ONE f***ing POINT adrift of the play offs with 1 games left...the only thing going wrong was that i was 2-0 down at HOME to f***ing Chelmsford, I ended up getting it back to 2-2 and having a million and one chances to win the game:cry::cry:

I am now 3 points adrift of the play offs with 1 game left, but Bath have a GD on +17 and mine is +1:cry::cry::cry:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I ended up coming 6th, on 67 points, the same amount of points as BATH in 5th place, so i ended up missing out of the last play off spot on goal difference:cry:

Not a bad season though, 2nd round of FA cup, 2nd Round of Setanta shield, 1st Round of FA Trophy, and 6th in the league :clap:

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
:cry::cry: - EVER SINGLE result was going my way, Bath & Havant and Waterlooville were losing, Thurrock were drawing this meant if results stayed the same and i won, i would be ONE f***ing POINT adrift of the play offs with 1 games left...the only thing going wrong was that i was 2-0 down at HOME to f***ing Chelmsford, I ended up getting it back to 2-2 and having a million and one chances to win the game:cry::cry:

I am now 3 points adrift of the play offs with 1 game left, but Bath have a GD on +17 and mine is +1:cry::cry::cry:

Why didn't you just add yourself as the manager of the teams you need to lose/beat, and make results go your way ???

;)

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Im being really stupid but can someone please tell me where the product code is ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here