Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
This thread is a little example of how group think can sway an individual.

I've never seen Edouard play. At the start of the thread I'm pretty sure that everyone was pretty keen on signing him so my thought was 'he's probably a decent player, I'm in!'. But as the threads gone on more and more people have suggested he's not very good so my thinking now is 'he's probably not all that'.

I'd still be open minded if we signed him but my expectations levels would be slightly coloured until finally having seen him play.

Interesting, huh? No?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
This thread is a little example of how group think can sway an individual.

I've never seen Edouard play. At the start of the thread I'm pretty sure that everyone was pretty keen on signing him so my thought was 'he's probably a decent player, I'm in!'. But as the threads gone on more and more people have suggested he's not very good so my thinking now is 'he's probably not all that'.

I'd still be open minded if we signed him but my expectations levels would be slightly coloured until finally having seen him play.

Interesting, huh? No?

There'll be even MORE people suggesting he's actually SHITHOUSE when he signs for PALACE.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Let’s see if we actually sign a striker who can strengthen our forward line before we laugh too much at Palace. The fact that we have allegedly been interested in him for a while suggests our recruitment team don’t see him as shitehouse.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Let’s see if we actually sign a striker who can strengthen our forward line before we laugh too much at Palace. The fact that we have allegedly been interested in him for a while suggests our recruitment team don’t see him as shitehouse.

This!

Palace have seen good results so far from their signings.

Absolutely no reason to doubt their scouting/recruitment

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

It would also suggest we dont think he's worth £15m and isn't better than what we've got. Fwiw, I agree

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Will be a good time signing for them I fear. I would have been very happy if we'd signed him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It would also suggest we dont think he's worth £15m and isn't better than what we've got. Fwiw, I agree

More likely that we don’t think he’s worth the wages and transfer fee, I am pretty sure we don’t chase players for the first team who we don’t think are any better than we’ve got though. That would be moronic :smile:

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
My guess is that he will score a goal either on his debut or the week after that, followed by "TB OUT!!!" threads, and then going on to score a total of 3 or 4 goals this season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
My guess is that he will score a goal either on his debut or the week after that, followed by "TB OUT!!!" threads, and then going on to score a total of 3 or 4 goals this season.

You seem to be very ‘positive’ about the NSC fan base [emoji52][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
More likely that we don’t think he’s worth the wages and transfer fee, I am pretty sure we don’t chase players who we don’t think are any better than we’ve got though. That would be moronic :smile:

Not really much of a chase though, was it? All summer we have said it wasn't true and there is no interest. Last summer maybe, since then we have signed Welbeck and Zeqiri. A fit Welbeck is definitely better imho, potential for Zeqiri to be better too, lets see how he gets on in the Bundesliga, several steps up from the SPL. Likewise, we will see how Edouard gets on at a far higher standard, whilst playing for one of the weaker teams, instead of playing for the strongest team, where all your team mates are better than the opposition.

Imho Batshuayi is a far better footballer than Edouard, didn't exactly set the world on fire at Palace though.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Have they ? 2 points on the board. About FIVE shots on target ALL season

Dire

Their new signings have all started well.
and to be honest, they have 2 points more than I thought they would.

They are 1 point behind the tracker, just like us.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Just keeping this up to date as the rest of the press outside The Argus/Athletic start to lose faith..

Daily Record: July 18th: "Registered an interest"
Daily Mail: McGowan: July 25th "will make £20m bid after qualifier"
Daily Record: Castles - July 27th "submitted a bid"
Daily Mail: McGowan - Aug 6th "Finally submitted a bid"
Daily Mail: McGowan - Aug 11th "hopes of quick Brighton deal have diminished"
*new* Scottish Sun: Alan Nixon - Aug 15th His wages are a bit rich as they now search elsewhere"

or just this for reference...
The Argus: July 24th: Brian Owen quoting club source on links "“Reports that keep emerging are completely false.”

Well fancy that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here