Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sure

Great side.I was too young to watch that final.I remember them losing the 1970 final.Jimmy Johnstone was one of my childhood heros!! They even managed to beat the MIGHTY Leeds in the semi!!
Yep, and that semi-final over two legs, both live on free to view TV (ITV or BBC - can't remember which), still remain in my memory as two of the finest matches I've ever seen. Good as Leeds were in those days, watching the way Celtic beat them to nearly every second ball was just awesome - and still, as in '67, just a bunch of lads more or less from Glasgow!
It still remains one of the biggest surprises in my football following life that somehow Feyenord managed to beat them in the final!

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Yep, and that semi-final over two legs, both live on free to view TV (ITV or BBC - can't remember which), still remain in my memory as two of the finest matches I've ever seen. Good as Leeds were in those days, watching the way Celtic beat them to nearly every second ball was just awesome - and still, as in '67, just a bunch of lads more or less from Glasgow!
It still remains one of the biggest surprises in my football following life that somehow Feyenord managed to beat them in the final!

yes i remember all 3 games

The home leg was played at Hampden not Parkhead and was in the Guinness book of records for a number of years as a record crowd between 2 British club sides.Probably still is. (130,000?)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
yes i remember all 3 games

The home leg was played at Hampden not Parkhead and was in the Guinness book of records for a number of years as a record crowd between 2 British club sides.Probably still is. (130,000?)
Plus the few hundreds that got in anyway, I dare say! Would love to have been there!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
A league that has produced a European cup, a Cup Winners Cup,success in the Uefa Cup,players such as Dalgleish,McGinn,Baker,Ormond,Reilly,Smith,Johnstone,Johnstone,Turnbill,Cormack,Jordan,Strachan,Marinello,Bremner,Collins,Goram,Leighton,the Lisbon Lions,Archibauld,Lorimar,Gray,Mcleish,Miller,McCoist,Bauld.Managers like Stein,Fergusson,Turnbill,Maclean and Sturrock.Farmers?Once Brighton have done something.....

Have they managed to produce a space between words?

Moaty

Aug 19, 2021
Lochend,Edinburgh
I s that all you've got? A comment about spacing? Mikel Arteta Henrik Larsson, Torre Andre Flo, David Laudrup, Dion Dublin, Chris Sutton, Didier Agathe, Frank Sauzee, Ulysses De La Cruz , Joe Baker, have all graced the Scottish game with their pressence.None of them farmhands.Here's something you can think about. If Celtic or Sevco were playing in the EPL, they would finish above Brighton.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
A league that has produced a European cup, a Cup Winners Cup,success in the Uefa Cup,players such as Dalgleish,McGinn,Baker,Ormond,Reilly,Smith,Johnstone,Johnstone,Turnbill,Cormack,Jordan,Strachan,Marinello,Bremner,Collins,Goram,Leighton,the Lisbon Lions,Archibauld,Lorimar,Gray,Mcleish,Miller,McCoist,Bauld.Managers like Stein,Fergusson,Turnbill,Maclean and Sturrock.Farmers?Once Brighton have done something.....

Not forgetting Jon Obika.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I s that all you've got? A comment about spacing? Mikel Arteta Henrik Larsson, Torre Andre Flo, David Laudrup, Dion Dublin, Chris Sutton, Didier Agathe, Frank Sauzee, Ulysses De La Cruz , Joe Baker, have all graced the Scottish game with their pressence.None of them farmhands.Here's something you can think about. If Celtic or Sevco were playing in the EPL, they would finish above Brighton.

50 - or even 20 - years ago they would (if they could have avoided relegation). Now - above Brighton? 50-50 at the very best. Two of our youngsters are on loan to teams above you in the league! ......................... and you do know where Rangers got two of their title winning CBs from, including their vice captain, don't you? Well, probably not, all things considered!

....... and you think you can make reparations for previous ineptitude by double spacing instead of just putting in the required single spaces? Get back tae youse electric soup an' ha'd yer wheesht, ye ba'm pot. Sheezt ................ finnell ......

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
All over twatter that Palace are now trying to get him in.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
John Percy
@JPercyTelegraph
·
1m
Crystal Palace have agreed a fee of around £15m with #Celtic for Odsonne Edouard. Medical in the morning and ends Palace’s search for another striker #cpfc

Poor bloke

Feel for him

Though more on the palace eye watering wage bill :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Poor effort. Still , they , can , be , dancing , in , the , streets , of , Celtic , tonight , if , they've , got , £15M , for , ...........Edouard , eh?

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Ah, David Laudrup. The lesser-known of the 3 brothers :)

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

There’s so little to admire in that post. Mainly because it is utter shite.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Poor effort. Still , they , can , be , dancing , in , the , streets , of , Celtic , tonight , if , they've , got , £15M , for , ...........Edouard , eh?

Alfredmizen used to do that. I always thought it was symptomatic of something. What, I'll probably never know. With any luck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here