Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It's all about opinions, innit! Personally I think that Celtic are focussing on the White money when setting their price. Look how ManU benefitted from walking away from a Sancho deal a year ago - they've got him this year for 30 to 40 percent less.
In 12 month's time, Edouard will be on a free. Maybe we should walk away now (if we are actually 'there' at all), and see how we start the season - if our team (and it's the whole team that has been poor in front of goal, not just the strikers) is still not firing on all cylinders, go back in January with a £5M to £10M bid.

I would worry that there will be a point where many clubs will be in for him. Right now teams are put off because the asking price for a player in the last year of his contract seems steep. If Arsenal or a host of other clubs can pay £5 million for him in January, or a big club can get him on a pre-contrac, they will.
If there is any truth in these rumours it suggests we think he will be worth A LOT more than 18-20 million in a couple of seasons. Not to mention the goals we’d hope he will score moving us up the table.
It’s a gamble. And we know who loves a gamble.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
My first game which I can "remember" was watching from the West Stand when we lost 2-8 to Bristol Rovers and it was on telly. The next game was we lost 0-4 to Walton and Hersham in the FA Cup replay.
How we have moved on from those days is incredible, hence talking about signing a 20mm striker, I remember us signing Andy Ritchie for 500k and it made my day.
If this all off topic my apologies.

Hold on,that won't do

What colour under pants was Charlie Webb wearing when he scored the winner in the Charity Shield?

:lolol:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
It's all about opinions, innit! Personally I think that Celtic are focussing on the White money when setting their price. Look how ManU benefitted from walking away from a Sancho deal a year ago - they've got him this year for 30 to 40 percent less.
In 12 month's time, Edouard will be on a free. Maybe we should walk away now (if we are actually 'there' at all), and see how we start the season - if our team (and it's the whole team that has been poor in front of goal, not just the strikers) is still not firing on all cylinders, go back in January with a £5M to £10M bid.

Because in January he’ll be able to sign a pre-contract and any number of bigger/richer clubs will be happy to use the money they saved on a transfer fee to offer him a massive signing on fee or ludicrous wages.

:shrug:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Get him in. If he scores 10 goals it would be a super addition & may be a good partner for Maupay, Welbeck or Swiss Andy.....not forgetting Andone.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
OR the reason why Naylor and Owen have not said anything further on this is because there is no new news about it. The status quo hasn't changed, we are not interested in him. (#devilsadvocate)

el punal

Because in January he’ll be able to sign a pre-contract and any number of bigger/richer clubs will be happy to use the money they saved on a transfer fee to offer him a massive signing on fee or ludicrous wages.

:shrug:

Possibly, but then you have to consider his aspirations. Go to a big, rich club and he could end up warming the bench, getting the dosh but not playing as much as he hoped to. Come to us and be pretty much guaranteed a place in the starting line up every week, be on decent wages, and, be in the shop window for further advancement should he be successful.

Ben White is probably the best example of this - bide your time, do your stuff well and you will be noticed.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
OR the reason why Naylor and Owen have not said anything further on this is because there is no new news about it. The status quo hasn't changed, we are not interested in him. (#devilsadvocate)

Brian is on holiday

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Was always going to play. His reaction at the end will be interesting...

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I don't know how you come to that assumption. At the end of the day he is simply doing his job. While we sit here getting carried away by snippets of clicbait, random rumours and agent sh1tstirring he is only interesting in producing material that is based on as much fact as he can possibly get. You have to remember that he has built and probably lost relationships in the past. His very next article is only going to be worthy if he can utilise sources that he trusts and who trust him. If he starts to speculate and it leads to the worst Im not sure his sources within the club will be pleased and will probably feed far less information to him in the future,

It’s not only this example, but he’s very self-important. In this case: ‘Oh, the mere suggestion that someone would tell me what to do is so preposterous’. I also don’t think he’s ever written anything remotely interesting, but that’s another matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here