Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
The less polite version of that is that he’s a bit of a tw@t.

I don't know how you come to that assumption. At the end of the day he is simply doing his job. While we sit here getting carried away by snippets of clicbait, random rumours and agent sh1tstirring he is only interesting in producing material that is based on as much fact as he can possibly get. You have to remember that he has built and probably lost relationships in the past. His very next article is only going to be worthy if he can utilise sources that he trusts and who trust him. If he starts to speculate and it leads to the worst Im not sure his sources within the club will be pleased and will probably feed far less information to him in the future,

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I don't know how you come to that assumption. At the end of the day he is simply doing his job. While we sit here getting carried away by snippets of clicbait, random rumours and agent sh1tstirring he is only interesting in producing material that is based on as much fact as he can possibly get. You have to remember that he has built and probably lost relationships in the past. His very next article is only going to be worthy if he can utilise sources that he trusts and who trust him. If he starts to speculate and it leads to the worst Im not sure his sources within the club will be pleased and will probably feed far less information to him in the future,

How do you think Stoke will get on next season, Andy? :wave:

Wombat1965

Feb 21, 2009
Danny Ings would be my preference but there is no way he would come to us. However I think we should take a "chance" on Edouard. His is 23 a proven goal scorer OK in the SPL but he has potential - whether he is an Ashworth . He has obviously fallen out of love with Scottish football as he has with Celtic.
If "we" can reignite his love with football which I genuinely believe that is what is happening with all the players at the Albion at the moment he could be the striker we need. No guarantee of 20 goals per season or even 15 but we need someone who just might have that protentional.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This is absolutely no disrespect to Maupay, but if you compare their careers side by side, and consider they’d cost about the same amount, you’d have to say Edouard seems to have more potential. It’s a no brainier to me.
Who else are we going to get for they kind of money?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Danny Ings would be my preference but there is no way he would come to us. However I think we should take a "chance" on Edouard. His is 23 a proven goal scorer OK in the SPL but he has potential - whether he is an Ashworth . He has obviously fallen out of love with Scottish football as he has with Celtic.
If "we" can reignite his love with football which I genuinely believe that is what is happening with all the players at the Albion at the moment he could be the striker we need. No guarantee of 20 goals per season or even 15 but we need someone who just might have that protentional.

Welcome to the forum :clap2:

Although it took you 12 years to make your first post I see - big step :lol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This is absolutely no disrespect to Maupay, but if you compare their careers side by side, and consider they’d cost about the same amount, you’d have to say Edouard seems to have more potential. It’s a no brainier to me.
Who else are we going to get for they kind of money?

We've already got Muapay for that money. He scored for fun in the EFL, and scored 10 (IIRC) in his first season in the PL. Edouard has scored for fun in the SPL - let's assume that's about the same level as the EFL - so that makes them about equal. Very similar in age - 23 to 24 (24 wth two seasons of PL experience at that). I'm not convinced that Edouard is that much of an upgrade, if indeed an upgrade at all.
Welbeck and Maupay are both capable of getting 10 goals this season; I wouldn't expect Edouard to better that.

Just my opinion, and of course I know that GP and the recruitment team know a hell of a lot more about who to buy than I do. If he comes here, I'll be willing him to become a roaring success of course - even if it means having to admit that he's proved me wrong!

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Going into a season with Welbeck, Maupay and Edouard as the striking options with the creativity we have makes me think top 10-8 is possible maybe even a domestic cup if we get a good draw. Realistically though I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't sign any more strikers.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We've already got Muapay for that money. He scored for fun in the EFL, and scored 10 (IIRC) in his first season in the PL. Edouard has scored for fun in the SPL - let's assume that's about the same level as the EFL - so that makes them about equal. Very similar in age - 23 to 24 (24 wth two seasons of PL experience at that). I'm not convinced that Edouard is that much of an upgrade, if indeed an upgrade at all.
Welbeck and Maupay are both capable of getting 10 goals this season; I wouldn't expect Edouard to better that.

Just my opinion, and of course I know that GP and the recruitment team know a hell of a lot more about who to buy than I do. If he comes here, I'll be willing him to become a roaring success of course - even if it means having to admit that he's proved me wrong!

My hope is he is coasting a bit and will really blossom with the step up and the magic of Potter.

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
Edouard is an exciting prospect. Could be exactly what we need. The question is though would he want to come to us or does he think he can do better.

Wombat1965

Feb 21, 2009
Welcome to the forum :clap2:

Although it took you 12 years to make your first post I see - big step :lol:

My first game which I can "remember" was watching from the West Stand when we lost 2-8 to Bristol Rovers and it was on telly. The next game was we lost 0-4 to Walton and Hersham in the FA Cup replay.
How we have moved on from those days is incredible, hence talking about signing a 20mm striker, I remember us signing Andy Ritchie for 500k and it made my day.
If this all off topic my apologies.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My hope is he is coasting a bit and will really blossom with the step up and the magic of Potter.

It's all about opinions, innit! Personally I think that Celtic are focussing on the White money when setting their price. Look how ManU benefitted from walking away from a Sancho deal a year ago - they've got him this year for 30 to 40 percent less.
In 12 month's time, Edouard will be on a free. Maybe we should walk away now (if we are actually 'there' at all), and see how we start the season - if our team (and it's the whole team that has been poor in front of goal, not just the strikers) is still not firing on all cylinders, go back in January with a £5M to £10M bid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here