Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O'Driscoll gone, how much moe time for Poyet?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I would imagine that TB will be bitterly disappointed if we finish in the lower half of the table this season. At the moment, I think this is highly likely.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
We are building over a few seasons and promotion this season isn't demanded this season, we are not gambling on achieving promotion by spending stupid money and buying anyone and risking damaging the long term future of this club.

Gus signed a 5 year contract and i don't recall anyone from the club stating that he had to achieve promotion by the end of this season. If promotion was Blooms aim for this season, don't you think he would have broken the bank to sign more players during the closed season.

We are in a good position (believe it or not) as we have a good foundation to try to achieve a play-off place or better. We have been unlucky several times this season (oppositions only goal came from their first shot which was deflected, etc) whereas the first Amex season we seemed to enjoy more luck (last minute winners when completely undeserved and opposition missing chances to equalise / win in the final minutes.)

Some fans on here are demanding we run before we can walk and i believe that both Bloom and Gus arn't prepared to do that, so get a grip, get behind the team (all of our players and not just your favourites) and make a lot of positive noise at any games you attend this season.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
One thing we have seen time and again is inconsistency in management wins you nothing long-term (Arsenal though are doing their best to prove the consistency argument wrong). I will back Gus for a long time yet, he is still learning the job, he is getting some things wrong but he is getting more things right. I think the lack of a target man is wrong he thought we did not need one but we lost Bennett at the same time and he was our biggest loss not Murray.

We do by and large play good attractive football we just lack anyone willing to risk having a pop at goal thus we are a bit underweight in the goals for category.

I have no doubt Gus will leave us sometime, but to do so now he would be a fool, and one thing I really do not think Gus is, is a fool with his career.

Keep the faith, keep on the Gus bus and in time the luck will go our way, this will be helped if we keep Buckley and sign a goal scorer in January.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
This.

O'Driscoll is well regarded as a manager and I don't think this is the best move for them.

Agreed. I suspect the owners of Notts Forest probably have more money than sense.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
2 years. If the season after next finishes and we aren't in the Premier League, Gus will leave. Having done an amazing job fransforming all aspects of our club. He has done an amazing job, and is continuing to do an amazing job.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Don't think he was ever the Forest board's choice, he got the job as the players wanted him, so he was always living on borrowed time to certain extent. I can't stand the whinging cock so I don't feel an sympathy.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
2 years. If the season after next finishes and we aren't in the Premier League, Gus will leave. Having done an amazing job fransforming all aspects of our club. He has done an amazing job, and is continuing to do an amazing job.

If we aren't a Play-off team by then, they'll be serious questions, yes. But I don't think he needs to get promoted by then, for the simple reason that establishing the Albion as a serious force in the second tier (a top 6 side) would represent a massive achievement compared to where he started from and this is probably sufficient to protect him from the sack or the sense that he's treading water.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
There is no way of knowing how long he has. If we get the results, he will have as long as he likes, if we go on a poor run of form and fall right down the table, not so long. How long is a piece of string. Personally, I am happy with the manager we have and will keep supporting the team.

Trust I'm just reading that out of context otherwise what a strange comment from an Albion supporter.... I will keep supporting Albion until the day I die regardless of who's the manager - and hopefully that will continue to be Gus for many years to come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here