Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odds to make the play-offs

Dec 19, 2011
Hove
I think Gary Johnson is actually helping us out a bit with his recent interviews.

He's accepted his side are down, and talked about how they've enjoyed the Championship and how it was always going to be tough on their budget/crowd. If the manager has given up any hope, then i'd say the players certainly have. I know i'll be probably be wrong, but I don't think Yeovil will want it anywehere near as much as us on Saturday, and that's saying something going by recent performances.

I hope you are right about Yeovil giving up, but I don't think Brighton will be up for it on Saturday either.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think Gary Johnson is actually helping us out a bit with his recent interviews.

He's accepted his side are down, and talked about how they've enjoyed the Championship and how it was always going to be tough on their budget/crowd. If the manager has given up any hope, then i'd say the players certainly have. I know i'll be probably be wrong, but I don't think Yeovil will want it anywehere near as much as us on Saturday, and that's saying something going by recent performances.

So they will throw care to the wind and play their best game of the season.....................I hope not.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So they will throw care to the wind and play their best game of the season.....................I hope not.

I can't think of any examples of a relegated club, or an international side knocked out of a tournament before the final match of the group stage, suddenly playing better because of the release of pressure. However, I'm sure there are plenty of examples of teams turning up disheartened, going through the motions and getting beaten easily.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I can't think of any examples of a relegated club, or an international side knocked out of a tournament before the final match of the group stage, suddenly playing better because of the release of pressure. However, I'm sure there are plenty of examples of teams turning up disheartened, going through the motions and getting beaten easily.

well you would have to go and say that wouldn't ya....ffs....were looose...:moo:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

You've done it now!

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
After tonight's win against Yeovil ;

Top Six Finish

1/33 Wigan
11/8 Brighton & Hove Albion
11/8 Reading
9/1 Ipswich Town
10/1 Nottingham Forest
33/1 Bournemouth
33/1 Blackburn Rovers
40/1 Watford

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wigan 1/7
Reading 1/5
Brighton 7/4
Blackburn 40/1

Wigan were 1/150 last week, then 1/50, then 1/33. I hope no-one remortgaged on them, if they lose to Birmingham they've opened the door for Blackburn (and ourselves)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wigan 1/7
Reading 1/5
Brighton 7/4
Blackburn 40/1

Wigan were 1/150 last week, then 1/50, then 1/33. I hope no-one remortgaged on them, if they lose to Birmingham they've opened the door for Blackburn (and ourselves)

You were right about our Blackpool & Yeovil results, so what are your thoughts about the final positions?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You were right about our Blackpool & Yeovil results, so what are your thoughts about the final positions?

Honestly? I think we will finish above Reading. Wigan will win at Blackburn, we will crush Forest and Burnley will draw at Reading after being two goals up. :)

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Blackburns GD puts them out of the equation, we just need to treat Forest like a cup final and hope the other results go our way

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Burnley manager Sean Dyche:
"I believe in the way the players work. My personal belief is that if you do it right all of the time, then you don't need to flick that switch and turn it on.
"Tremendous credit to our group as it is difficult with all [the celebrations] going on. The focus on the game was absolutely spot on.
"That is a good thing because there is some of this group that will be competing in the division next year where there will be a lot of stuff going round and different protocols - maybe it was a tiny taster of that here."

So many people think Reading will have it easy at home to Burnley ..i'm not so sure (quote above is after todays win..against a team who were up until today challenging for a play off place)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We are 7/4 to make it. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the odds after tonight. We're either going to be pushed out further if Wigan win (5/2ish ?), or the odds will tighten to around 5/4.

akipling

Jan 12, 2010
Morecambe
Blackburns GD puts them out of the equation, we just need to treat Forest like a cup final and hope the other results go our way

Not strictly true. If Wigan lose tonight by 1 then a 3 goal Blackburn win on satdi will see them in the zone (should we lose). If they lose by 2 tonight a 2 goal win will do.

This is why a Brum win tonight will really open them up as I think Blackburn will go for it big time meaning we should need only a draw at Forest should Blackburn win.

Exciting stuff :)

Not strictly true. If Wigan lose tonight by 1 then a 3 goal Blackburn win on satdi will see them in the zone (should we lose). If they lose by 2 tonight a 2 goal win will do.

This is why a Brum win tonight will really open them up as I think Blackburn will go for it big time meaning we should need only a draw at Forest should Blackburn win.

Exciting stuff :)

For what it's worth I reckon Wigan will win tonight but Reading will lose on Sat you'll win at Forest and sneak in top 6.

Obviously I will happier if you fail :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here