Observations

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brum fan in peace

Apr 23, 2012
Birmingham fan here. I know I'm a bit late but I just wanted to say I had a great day in Brighton on Saturday. You're a great club and I don't think anyone would begrduge you success in the future. Fully expect you to go up next year.

Loved the vibe outside the ground before the match. Hundreds of people getting off trains every few minutes, music playing, and fans milling around at the bike stand area.

Found the ground extremely impressive from the outside, and very tidy inside although a little unfinished due to the empty corners. Will they be filled in soon?

You deserve a lot of credit for your home support - we could hear you throughout the match, which is more than can be said for most teams at home these days, ourselves included.

Apologies for the homophobic chants by some of our fans - you'll find that the silent majority of us were embarrassed by that.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Thanks, and yes hopefully the corners will be filled by the end of next season..in readiness for 2013 KO.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Birmingham fan here. I know I'm a bit late but I just wanted to say I had a great day in Brighton on Saturday. You're a great club and I don't think anyone would begrduge you success in the future. Fully expect you to go up next year.

Loved the vibe outside the ground before the match. Hundreds of people getting off trains every few minutes, music playing, and fans milling around at the bike stand area.

Found the ground extremely impressive from the outside, and very tidy inside although a little unfinished due to the empty corners. Will they be filled in soon?

You deserve a lot of credit for your home support - we could hear you throughout the match, which is more than can be said for most teams at home these days, ourselves included.

Apologies for the homophobic chants by some of our fans - you'll find that the silent majority of us were embarrassed by that.

Glad you enjoyed your day - a fair result I think.

Did you stick around for beers afterwards? It's something else the club actively encourages.

I would say see you next season, but that would be extremely disingenuous... :p

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26

Nice one,thought your support in the ground was excellent,much louder than most this season.As you said,a few idiots at the station on the way back with plenty of homophobic abuse,but hey on the whole good to see you lot enjoying yourselves,good luck in the playoffs.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
"Keep right on..." is a very impressive football chant... if only we had something we could sing so well :)

Thanks for the honest comments about how good our home support is in comparison to other grounds. We need to be proud of it and build on the good start next year when it should be even better if everyone keeps up the enthusiasm...

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

Thanks for the kind comments.

Feel free to learn some lessons from your trip... try being a bit more FRIENDLY to away fans at St Andrews next season! Glad you has a nice time.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Thanks Pal. Maybe you could do us a favour. You may have noticed we had a number 15 who goe's by the name of Vicente. He had a one off good game, he is 45 years old, he has been crap all season, cant run for toffee, cant make a pass and could not hit a barn door with a beach ball. Probably also going to be injured all season or do a Teves. Spread the word around that he is not worth signing and spread it around the Prem if you get there.

Good Luck.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Having cut me teeth in the hoolie days of the late 60's & 70's (and quite enjoyed some), I'm really proud of the family atmosphere inside & outside the ground.

It really is a great family 'do' and, as said, away fans are welcome to join us in the bars after the game and thakfully, this has not blown up in our faces so far.

Some opposition are still looking for our 'mob' but there isn't really one. I suppose, having been deprived of a home for so many years, we really just want to enjoy our ground and show off to others just how good it can be. I think quite a few opposition fans have been impresed to find that there is 'another way' to enjoy football. Passion & banter for 90 mins is great but, when all said & done, we're all footie fans.

Brum fan in peace

Apr 23, 2012
Thanks for the honest comments about how good our home support is in comparison to other grounds. We need to be proud of it and build on the good start next year when it should be even better if everyone keeps up the enthusiasm...

Absolutely. Very rare to find a good home atmosphere these days. We had one ourselves in the early 2000s but that's long gone.

Brum fan in peace

Apr 23, 2012
Glad you enjoyed your day - a fair result I think.

Did you stick around for beers afterwards? It's something else the club actively encourages.

I would say see you next season, but that would be extremely disingenuous... :p

Cheers mate. To be honest I thought our performance was underwhelming and we were lucky to get a draw. Our keeper was MOTM for us. But I also thought our support was underwhelming and verging on poor compared to our usual away crowd, so what do I know? Pleasantly surprised to see you praising how vocal we were.

Didn't stick around for beers. We figured since you had the lap of honour that we'd make a run for the train before all the home fans came out - had heard from fans of other clubs that getting the train after the game is a nightmare but this was our lucky day.

Wouldn't be too upset about coming back next year - the Championship is so much more fun than the Prem.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Cheers mate. To be honest I thought our performance was underwhelming and we were lucky to get a draw. Our keeper was MOTM for us. But I also thought our support was underwhelming and verging on poor compared to our usual away crowd, so what do I know? Pleasantly surprised to see you praising how vocal we were.

Didn't stick around for beers. We figured since you had the lap of honour that we'd make a run for the train before all the home fans came out - had heard from fans of other clubs that getting the train after the game is a nightmare but this was our lucky day.

Wouldn't be too upset about coming back next year - the Championship is so much more fun than the Prem.

Honestly thought your fans sang loudest and longest at the Amex compared to most, with the possible exception of (Dirty) Leeds and Wrexham in the FA Cup.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Thought the Birmingham fans were great as well, no trouble and met a few of them on the train back and had a good chat about the game. Made a lot of noise throughout the match and overall was a really good game to watch.

Appreciate the positive feedback! and good luck with the playoff's!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
[MENTION=24417]Brum fan in peace[/MENTION] - the Jamaican older gentleman steward in the away end at St Andrews is a legend. He shook the hand of every male Brighton fan that came through his entrance to the stand, and kissed all the ladies on the cheek. He welcomed each and every person to Birmingham too.

Football need more stewards like him.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

A mock up showing the 2nd tier on the East Stand and corners filled in at the away end:

eastmockup.jpg

You guys were definitely up there for best away fans this year. Great noise at times and some brilliant costumes!

Joe Nobody

Dec 27, 2008
Hove
I thought Birmingham away was a very good day out, despite having to avoid the march that was on in town. The Birmingham fans we met in the City and in Digbeth were decent and I hope we play them next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports