Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Obscure" US TV choices - recommendations please

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't know if the show has been mentioned before, but Treadstone is now available on amazon prime - set in the world of the bourne identity, it follows a few sleeper agents as they are woken and hunted down.

Today also sees season 2 of the DC show Titans following one of Batman's Robins as he decides to seek out other young heroes to mentor and team up with. This season sees Connor Kent, aka Superboy join the titans.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Titus Welliver is a great actor imho. I’d missed all his previous work.

Agreed, he knows what he does and does it very well. He popped up in Sons of Anarchy (Bosch in leathers) and Deadwood (Bosch in a stetson) and is memorable in both. A rock solid TV actor imo and long may he continue.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't know if the show has been mentioned before, but Treadstone is now available on amazon prime - set in the world of the bourne identity, it follows a few sleeper agents as they are woken and hunted down.

I'll give it a go, but if it means me watching The Bourne Trilogy for the 4,371,678th time I'm holding you responsible.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I may well do, thanks. After I’ve read the stack of Xmas present reads.

Start at the beginning to get the back story. Quite a few of the books haven't had their ending ruined by TV. Not sure abut the non Bosch/Haller ones though.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
HBO have just started a series adaptation of the Stephen King novel 'The Outsider'. Being HBO they give enough time to developing the characters and plot. From the first 2 episodes looks like a regular cop series with a supernatural twist - so far so good and the acting is top notch. Haven't read the book so will see what develops.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I got a recommendation for Startup which is amazing, I hope they carry it on.

Thanks to you, I started this tonight. I really need to go to bed. But episode 3 beckons, so I thought I'd take a moment to say thanks. Haitian gangsters. Good cops, bent cops, cryptocurrency, banking, money laundering, Martin Freeman.... what's not to like?

edit: And looking on IMDb, I see they're up to season 3 *rubs hands*

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2 massive issues with Treadstone [MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION].

1 - As predicted it does have me yearning for the trilogy.

B - in certain shots one of the leads has more than a passing resemblance to our own Pascal Groß.
This does very little to dispell my long held belief that Pascal is indeed a stone cold killer of men, either up close and silent or his prefer method of death, as a sniper.

treadstone-season-1-photos-1182434-1280x0.jpeg

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Anyone done Limitless, the spin-off series from the excellent Bradley Cooper/De Niro film? Worth it?

It's very good but they only made one series which left a lot of the character development undone. I enjoyed it but felt I'd wasted my time a little because of that.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
It's very good but they only made one series which left a lot of the character development undone. I enjoyed it but felt I'd wasted my time a little because of that.

According to Google: Without clear explanation, CBS announced the cancelation of Limitless and it became one of the highest TV series ever canceled in the history of Television. Source says it is caused by different creative between CBS and Executive Producers, while others says CBS did not agree with the second season script.

Might still give it a go. :thumbsup:

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
According to Google: Without clear explanation, CBS announced the cancelation of Limitless and it became one of the highest TV series ever canceled in the history of Television. Source says it is caused by different creative between CBS and Executive Producers, while others says CBS did not agree with the second season script.

Might still give it a go. :thumbsup:

Yeah, it's a light-hearted drama and fun to watch. The lead actor is excellent (I'm surprised not to have seen him in other things). Maybe someone will pick up a 2nd series sometime.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
2 massive issues with Treadstone [MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION].

1 - As predicted it does have me yearning for the trilogy.

B - in certain shots one of the leads has more than a passing resemblance to our own Pascal Groß.
This does very little to dispell my long held belief that Pascal is indeed a stone cold killer of men, either up close and silent or his prefer method of death, as a sniper.

View attachment 119211

Hah. Other than that, how is it?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hah. Other than that, how is it?
Guess what im watching now.

I'll give you a clue, an Italian is about to get killed by a man with a ballpoint pen. AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT.

The series is ok, it seems to be enjoying juggling multiple stories that will obviously come to a conclusion.

It's got some nice touches but ultimately covering Bourne isn't going to be easy, a fact the series seems to be proving.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Bad news for Mindhunter fanatics

The series has been put on ‘indefinite hold’ and that cast members have been released from their contracts.

Bum.....was a bit surprised when they put the status of the investigation up at the end of series 2 sort of flagging that that could well be.....it.!!

great series imho.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
3rd Season of West World starts on HBO on March 15 - really like this show.

HBO are keeping tight lipped about the plot but there will be some new faces.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just stumbled into a new TV version of High Fidelity.

I'm not sure big BIG fans of the book and film (like me) will get too much from it.
Naturally gender and race have been turned upside down, which is fair enough, but not much else has.

Nick Hornby/John Cusak is now played by Zoë Kravitz (Lenny and Lisa Bonet's daughter).
So naturally looking at her and I'm thinking of Marie De Salle, which was a little jarring.

I'll not be recommending it, but will probably watch a couple more just to see if they wanted to lay down the foundations before fleshing it out some more.
If they don't I doubt I'll stay.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Just finished the pharmacist on Netflix, very good. Astonishing how the pharmaceuticals act, not that it should be that surprising, and how the police, fbi and dea not only do nothing but are complicit. Well worth a watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here