Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

obligatory Adrian Chiles & ITV coverage slagging thread

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Chiles trying to keep it light with elephant football but Fred's dive and the studio coming under attack from the protestors is a worrying start to the tournament.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Cannevaro looks like he wished he'd stayed at home in Italy!

You can tell he thinks Chiles and Dixon are the mong brothers

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Chiles trying to keep it light with elephant football but Fred's dive and the studio coming under attack from the protestors is a worrying start to the tournament.
I think you're confusing the words "a worrying start to" with the words "the best bit so far of"

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
England could win this thing if we can get some good bias refs

Nobody likes us not a chance. Even the fact that we play with a straight bat is looked upon as a joke around the world.
Cheating is now well and truly part of the game and looked upon as acceptable by most referees.
I dont like the prem very much but watching that game made me realise just how good it is and why I love the championship so much.
An international manager waving an imaginary card FFS.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It seems apt that a Fifa competition, run by an organisation bloated with its corruption, should be beset by cheating, cynicism, and bad sportsmanship. A more fitting tribute to Sepp Blatter and his acolytes, would be hard to find

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Adrian Chiles's mum is Croatian. I agree he has really deteriorated since he went to itv (pace Morecambe & Wise, Des Lynam and Bruce Forsyth), but for me what makes itv's coverage so excruciating is the egregious commentary of Tyldesley and that halfwit Townsend. Just abysmal. Even the theme tune is so crass, so bloody itv. If I was PM, I'd ban itv from showing football.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This thread needs to be made official and perhaps even a sticky. It's going to last the entire tournament let's face it. But yes, for me it was personified by the moment the teams walked out. Arguably the most anticipated Finals since, well, a long time at least. And as the players hit a wall of noise exiting the tunnel..."we'll be back after these adverts". FFS, I hate it. Hate this absolute killer of excitement and anticipation.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The bit with Ian Wright on the beach was painful to say the least with Gordon Strachan reciting some story from way back about Sean Connery. And then he started rambling on about how the pause in the Miami game could be useful preparation incase it happened again. Hoddly dealt with this well by suggesting England would be unlucky if it happened again.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Nobody likes us not a chance. Even the fact that we play with a straight bat is looked upon as a joke around the world.
Cheating is now well and truly part of the game and looked upon as acceptable by most referees.
I dont like the prem very much but watching that game made me realise just how good it is and why I love the championship so much.
An international manager waving an imaginary card FFS.

Because Gerrard, Rooney, Sterling and Strurridge never dive? Because there's no diving, cheating, waving cards (never really understood the fuss with this) in the Premier League or Championship? Or even at the Albion? We spent most of last year seemingly watching Ulloa, Lingaard or LuaLua throwing themselves to the floor and whinging it refs

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It gets worse and worse, why have someone like Cannavaro and get Chile's to sqwark at him.

just when you thought it couldnt get any worse they employ Terry

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
It was ****ing awful as usual. Oscar scores a great opportunist goal, toe-poking it unerringly and early into the corner of the net. "Keeper has to get that". You utter wingnut.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It was ****ing awful as usual. Oscar scores a great opportunist goal, toe-poking it unerringly and early into the corner of the net. "Keeper has to get that". You utter wingnut.

I personally thought that the keeper had a shocker with that one.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
I personally thought that the keeper had a shocker with that one.

Me too - if you didn't know better you'd think the slow motion replay showed him almost deliberately f..king it up. I'm not a conspiracy theorist or one who thinks matches are easy to rig - but there was some really strange stuff going on there last night. The penalty was simply appalling, and if that's the yardstick for referees in the WC most games will end up 7-6.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
2 ITV games today....:banana:

Thankfully the most appealing game is on BBC, their coverage CAN'T be anywhere near as bad as ITV.

I particularly liked seeing Ian Wright, Glenn Hoddle and Gordon Strachan having their little chat down by the beach. They looked like ex-pats on a jolly, I kept expecting a waitress to turn up with 3 pints of Carlsberg and 3 full English fry-ups.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

The toe-poke surprised him, which was why he was slow to react. As a keeper (from my own 20 year experience at a very modest level) when you set yourself for a shot is critical. The keeper last night was expecting Oscar to take one more step before hitting it, and that's what did for him.

Me too - if you didn't know better you'd think the slow motion replay showed him almost deliberately f..king it up. I'm not a conspiracy theorist or one who thinks matches are easy to rig - but there was some really strange stuff going on there last night..

The penalty and the dissallowed goal are worthy of discussion (and the Neymar elbow), but even the most deluded CT nut wouldn't concern themselves with the third goal. If you were trying to throw the game, you'd clearly want to make it as inconspicuous as possible. If you are already 2-1 down with seconds to go, you wouldn't risk an unnecesary additional howler.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here