Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Obika

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I thought he was poor but give the guy a break. Mostly playing five minutes here and there is not exactly going to make life easy - especially for a striker, who needs a bit of confidence. He looked decent at his previous loan clubs. Hard to be optimistic that will change on that showing but getting on his back certainly won't help.

If you listen to the Palace fans five minutes is all he can last. He was so bad there they sent him back to Spurs to save wages. Shrewd move on their part.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I have followed Brighton for nearly 40 years and I honestly do believe he is one of the worst players I have seen, the touch when he sent himself wide was embarrassing for a professional. Utter rubbish......,

Nathan Jones cannot spot a player.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Was poor when he came on, hope Ulloa's OK, he signalled to be brought off. Don't need him and Buckley injured again with the fixtures piling up. Really enjoyed tonight's game though, comfortably competed with a half decent Premier league side. BBC stats showed they had more possession, but we both had 13 shots. Sadly only 1 of ours on target !!

His lack of pace is disappointing, because it's not clear what else he has in his locker. He'll be playing for Crawley in 18 months

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I have followed Brighton for nearly 40 years and I honestly do believe he is one of the worst players I have seen, the touch when he sent himself wide was embarrassing for a professional. Utter rubbish......,

Ahh yes but that data base must have backed Nathan up for him to get on the shortlist.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If you listen to the Palace fans five minutes is all he can last. He was so bad there they sent him back to Spurs to save wages. Shrewd move on their part.

Why would I listen to Palace fans? He had a very good reputation with Yeovil and Charlton.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I thought he was poor but give the guy a break. Mostly playing five minutes here and there is not exactly going to make life easy - especially for a striker, who needs a bit of confidence. He looked decent at his previous loan clubs. Hard to be optimistic that will change on that showing but getting on his back certainly won't help.

I was very disappointed that he looked knackered after being on the pitch for five minutes. He showed real pace when he came on for his first game but where was it tonight.

Feb 14, 2010

Now you have been watching the Albion even longer than me but can I throw a few names at you.. Richard Tiltman, Geoff Cooper, Ian Baird and anyone in the side under Jimmy Case!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Why the need to knock our own players? He wasn't great but 10 - 15 minutes here and there are not going to help him (not saying he should start in front of Ulloa).
Will never understand the need to have a go rather than praise players or congratulate a team on a good passing movement rather than knocking a missed pass etc

Normally I'd be right behind you, but Obika really does look useless.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
@%1;
Ulloa scores that header and it doesn't matter what Obika can and can't do.

If Barnes had failed to hit the target with such a chance, there would be 75 threads devoted to the subject already.

Comparisons is it ? Like Barnes would have scored that first goal. Do me a favour.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
IMO Tilts and Baird were much better. Tilts scored at the level we are currently in, Obika struggles to even know which direction to run in. Baird was workmanlike but at least had a touch.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
He was bloody awful didnt look one bit interested !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here