Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] O2 deal. Oooh

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Sounds like a decent deal imo.

I got a similar deal a month ago, end of my contract, company essentially begging me to sign another one.
Bargained for an iPhone and Apple Watch and paying $15 less p/m than I was before. Happy with that.

Curious about the fold/flip phones, maybe next time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anyone else tried a flip then ?

I see the Galaxy Z4 flip came out this week. Looks essentially the same except for a few other external colour-combos, and a slightly larger battery. Personally I just love flip-phones, I think I'll be sticking with them now that the tech and the screens can handle it, there are SO many lovely little touches with them. And the free Galaxy Watch 4 they chucked me is excellent too, so easy to clock a message on Whatsapp or whatever and just answer it on the fly without even using the phone. I do feel a bit of a prick dipping to pay for things on it, being as I'm in my 50s, but hey. I'm also of that age now when I don't care.

I've always loved my tech, and this phone is my fave gadget

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
There's a certain breed of people mobile companies love. I pay just £5 per month for top up. I always buy my phones outright. Not interested in high end phones.

Bit late to this thread but agreed. I do not understand people that pay north of £30 a month for a contract. I get a refurb phone - Samsung S7 in my case for £200 a year ago - and pay Giff Gaff, who ironically piggyback off the O2 network, £10 for 5Gb, unlimited calls and unlimited texts. Mrs WS on the other hand, and this drives me mad, always wants the latest iPhone and also has an iPad and iWatch on contract costing the grand sum of £132 a month - why ?? Given I spend my life on wireless networks I never even get close to my limit.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Bit late to this thread but agreed. I do not understand people that pay north of £30 a month for a contract. I get a refurb phone - Samsung S7 in my case for £200 a year ago - and pay Giff Gaff, who ironically piggyback off the O2 network, £10 for 5Gb, unlimited calls and unlimited texts. Mrs WS on the other hand, and this drives me mad, always wants the latest iPhone and also has an iPad and iWatch on contract costing the grand sum of £132 a month - why ?? Given I spend my life on wireless networks I never even get close to my limit.
I was with GG but now switched to Asda. You can get 10gb unlimited calls and texts for £7. Even better now they are using Vodafone.
Both 02 and Vodafone coverage is excellent.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I was with GG but now switched to Asda. You can get 10gb unlimited calls and texts for £7. Even better now they are using Vodafone.
Both 02 and Vodafone coverage is excellent.

I might switch then - do they allow free roaming in the EU still ( GG do ) ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here