Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

o2 arena - travel advice

Pettitt303

Registered Drug Abuser
Oct 28, 2006
East, East, East Sussex
On my way to the o2 on friday, wondering if anyone knows the cheapest and easiest rail route up there
north greenwich tube station? is it easiest to go from brighton to greenwich then a tube to north greenwich
cheers

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
Some while ago since my wife and I went, but from memory we bought tickets from Thetrainline.com for the entire journey. Although coming back at night we used the river boat, fantastic view of East London. I bet they have to put a few quid in the meter at Canary Wharf, when they go home at night!!!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
From a travel perspective if you are in the upper tier you will need ropes, crampons, binoculars and oxygen:)

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Off peak travel card for flexabilty £19. I usually go into Victoria, round to Westminster and on to the Jubliee line. The River Clippers are good if it it is a nice day and you have time takes about an hour from Embankment. The queue at the North Greenwich after an event is akin to Falmer at Full Time. I've always made it back to Victoria for intime for the 00.05 to Brighton and the pub is always open in the station for a quick pre train beer.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
THIS OR BLACKFRIARS then jubilee

prize for the worst advise - not on the tube currently and when service is resumed, requires going the wrong way back to Westminster to change on to Jubilee. (unless you know your way to walk to Southwark of course, but someone wouldnt be asking here if they did)

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
I have been a few times now and if your not going to drive then train to London Bridge and then tube to North Greenwich is your best option.

I now just drive up, if you have a Cineworld Unlimited Card you can just show it to the parking steward say you are going to the cinema and just drive into Car Parks 2 or 4, then go to Cineworld upstairs and get a ticket for a film that will finish around the same time as the concert (you can have up to four hours parking), you can then get your parking validated free of charge at the parking office on the way out with the cinema ticket and the drive home is a doddle :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here