Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O the irony !!

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
For all the palace fans who still bang on with the chants of we scored 3 they scored 1.

What was the score in tonight's shoot out ??

O yea Cardiff scored 3 and you scored 1

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Coincidence is one word spelt thusly, and the coincidence is wherein the irony lays! After a long time of '3-1' being trotted out in place of argument by a lot of your mob in online-warrior scenarios and beyond into your charming terrace chants... well, just look what we get to throw in your face!

Irony mush. Born of coincidence. Enjoy.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
Coincidence is one word spelt thusly, and the coincidence is wherein the irony lays! After a long time of '3-1' being trotted out in place of argument by a lot of your mob in online-warrior scenarios and beyond into your charming terrace chants... well, just look what we get to throw in your face!

Irony mush. Born of coincidence. Enjoy.

Thanks for the lesson, 3 -1 in a penalty shoot out isnt quite the same though and is still not ironic

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
It is not ironic that a rather precise stick with which we have been beaten has now taken connotations that can be used to beat the abuser? That's my take on a tasty bit of irony... but I'm sure we'll have to agree to disagree.

As for it not being the same... No, I admit it isn't. But it's a retort. We can even use it in our own songs:

'They scored 3, you scored 1...' then finish it off without the nasty homophobic edge... probably using the word 'scum' which i'm sure we can all agree is more or less fair.

And you're welcome.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
This palarse fan is rather decent. Booo! Shame about most of the others!

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
They got to the semi final of the Carling cup did they not. Did we? Glad they lost but really, we need to wake up and have a reality check sometimes. We will fully gloat when we beat them on Tuesday (I am not thinking if) and if we make it to the FA cup semi's then I can really gloat. I am all for banter don't get me wrong but........this is not worth bothering about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here