O/T Recovering deleted text messages

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Has anyone had any experience of retreiving deleted texts? After loads of googling, it appears that there are certain products that can be bought, but most seem able to recover only the last 15-20 deleted messages.

I've a Samsung U600 phone and need to recover some messages that I deleted 9-12 months ago. Also, it's not clear to me whether these messages would still be on the SIM card or whether they'd be in the phone's memory.

Any ideas?

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Nothing exciting I'm afraid. I've a place in Austria that I let out. Guests that were due to arrive later this month have cancelled at short notice and I'm trying to get the balance of the rental cost off them. The booking terms were agreed via text, rather than email, and I need to prove that they accepted the terms. I didn't ever foresee this and the texts were deleted long ago.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Nothing exciting I'm afraid. I've a place in Austria that I let out. Guests that were due to arrive later this month have cancelled at short notice and I'm trying to get the balance of the rental cost off them. The booking terms were agreed via text, rather than email, and I need to prove that they accepted the terms. I didn't ever foresee this and the texts were deleted long ago.

:( *goes off to do some work*

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
If you explain the circumstances to your network, they might be able to help although truthfully I've no idea.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
If you are with O2 then you may have them in your online blue book.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
If I were to connect the phone to my PC using Samsung Studio (or whatever it's called) would I be able to see more than I am able to on the phone, e.g. deleted files? Since my first post, I've learned that the deleted texts will be on the phone's internal memory, not the SIM card. Can this be accessed?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Samsung Studio might be able to retrieve files from the internal memory. Worth downloading this onto your pc to see if its possible.

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
definately try your network provider, although i'm not sure that it will be a service they openly provide!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports