O/T Plumbers

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Does any one know a plumber or can recommend one?? I have phoned a couple and their rates are too much. I'm just worried about being ripped off.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
What is the problem?

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Nothing major just a leak under the kitchen sink I have a bucket in place so I can wait at the mo. I think the seal has gone on the pipes.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
You could probably do that yourself. Get the same sized washer at B & Q

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
albiongirl said:
Does any one know a plumber or can recommend one?? I have phoned a couple and their rates are too much. I'm just worried about being ripped off.

Out of curiosty what rates were they quoting you. I would like to compare it against the rates we charge for all our tradesman on the Island !

Lush

Mods' Pet
Do not use anyone who quotes you those kind of rates. Don't go for the 24 hour Emergency - no call out fee people. You will get the classic "I need to get some parts" back in two hours - and a bill for three hours work.

Go to the section in the Yellow pages under Plumbers where there's a page headed The Institute of Plumbing. There's a list of names and addresses - no expensive flashy ads. Choose the nearest - people don't like to ruin their reputation in their own backyard and you have someone you can complain to. These guys will probably be quite busy but it sounds like it's not absolutely desperate and quite a small job, so they should be able to fit you in.

Good luck.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Lush said:
Do not use anyone who quotes you those kind of rates. Don't go for the 24 hour Emergency - no call out fee people. You will get the classic "I need to get some parts" back in two hours - and a bill for three hours work.

Go to the section in the Yellow pages under Plumbers where there's a page headed The Institute of Plumbing. There's a list of names and addresses - no expensive flashy ads. Choose the nearest - people don't like to ruin their reputation in their own backyard and you have someone you can complain to. These guys will probably be quite busy but it sounds like it's not absolutely desperate and quite a small job, so they should be able to fit you in.

Good luck.
That's good advice Lush.As a builder I know how many rip-off merchants there are ,but anyone listed under the Institute of Plumbing banner should be OK

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I just remembered I don't have a yellow pages anymore as I used it for confetti at Wycombe:lolol: I'll have a look at my mums.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
albiongirl said:
I just remembered I don't have a yellow pages anymore as I used it for confetti at Wycombe:lolol: I'll have a look at my mums.

The things you do for the Albion

:lolol: :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
albiongirl said:

Silly Billy :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports