Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

o/t plumbers help pleeeeease

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
any plumbers out there that can answer me a saniflo question?
i believe that my non return valve needs replacing as the unit keeps kicking in every 20 seconds and i can hear the water coming back down the pipe. this happened a few years ago and it cost me over £100 to have an engineer to come in and replace the non return valve that costs only a few bob. where can i find one of these valves and where is it located so that i can change it myself and save big money. thanks all:blush:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
if i was you i'd just pay some **** to do it , it might cost you a wunner but at least you aint gonna get covered/flooded in shyte.....(tightwadd???)

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
thanks for that Sydney, at least its my shyte and i would be saving £100. tight? maybe..........

airdrionian exile

Nov 2, 2009
Turn off the electrics and once all your own shyte has finished cascading all across the floor disconnect the unit and carry it outside. Now strip the whole thing down remove what ever is blocking the blades probably something more solid than shyte more like a once a month item.The non return valve is not the problem this stops your shyte going back not out. Then carry the unit back in and reconnect. Now clean all the shyte from the bathroom floor and carpets right through house and test out by having a shyte.

Or try ringing the idiot who did it for £ 100 last time and ask if he is still a dirtyboy willing to play with your shyte but ask for a discount because you are a old customer.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
First make sure that the toilet system is not faulty (chalk in the seating) and allowing the bowl to keep filling. Test by turning off the Saniflo and seeing if the bowl fills up.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Agree with ardrionian exile's post that it may not be the return valve and you may have a blockage?

Saniflo's are evil hideous things that are the devils own sick joke and I would never advise anyone to have one anywhere near their house but if you are stuck with one then here is my advice on dealing with a blockage -

Firstly you arrange for your GP to inoculate you against smallpox, beri beri, cholera, tetanus, lymes disease, malaria, typhus and anything else on special offer that week. Also purchase several months supply of Doxycycline and any other broad spectrum antibiotics going cheap. Start taking these now.

Next purchase a full dry suit and pressure breathing system. Sign up for all religions available locally. You are now ready to attempt repair. Disconnect the mains electrical supply and lay several tarpaulins around the floor. Cover these with copious amounts of industrial absorbent material meant for bulk biohazard situations.

Have a cup of tea - it will be your last for some time. Book a bed in your local burns unit and mark the bed number on a metal disk you wear on a metal chain around your neck. Don the dry suit and check the breathing air is piped from the next county and reliable.

Approach the device and disconnect the outlet pipe, you can do this with care or without, it doesn't matter as the result is the same whichever way you do it. Hopefully the biohazard containment system will stop the worst effects but expect to hear several rats under the floor die a horrible death.

Once the worst of the nausea has passed undo the pan connector and electrical connections and place the offending article in a waterproof wheelbarrow and convey it outside. After apologising (from a respectable distance) to the neighbours and ensuring they are comfortable in the ambulance undo the four screws on top.

Pause to be sick and then empty the contents into a convenient drain. Remove the one end of a Q Tip which has caused the diabolical device to malfunction. Hose it and the surrounding area (and yourself) down and carefully replace the screws.

Hope this helps?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Agree with ardrionian exile's post that it may not be the return valve and you may have a blockage?

Saniflo's are evil hideous things that are the devils own sick joke and I would never advise anyone to have one anywhere near their house but if you are stuck with one then here is my advice on dealing with a blockage -

Firstly you arrange for your GP to inoculate you against smallpox, beri beri, cholera, tetanus, lymes disease, malaria, typhus and anything else on special offer that week. Also purchase several months supply of Doxycycline and any other broad spectrum antibiotics going cheap. Start taking these now.

Next purchase a full dry suit and pressure breathing system. Sign up for all religions available locally. You are now ready to attempt repair. Disconnect the mains electrical supply and lay several tarpaulins around the floor. Cover these with copious amounts of industrial absorbent material meant for bulk biohazard situations.

Have a cup of tea - it will be your last for some time. Book a bed in your local burns unit and mark the bed number on a metal disk you wear on a metal chain around your neck. Don the dry suit and check the breathing air is piped from the next county and reliable.

Approach the device and disconnect the outlet pipe, you can do this with care or without, it doesn't matter as the result is the same whichever way you do it. Hopefully the biohazard containment system will stop the worst effects but expect to hear several rats under the floor die a horrible death.

Once the worst of the nausea has passed undo the pan connector and electrical connections and place the offending article in a waterproof wheelbarrow and convey it outside. After apologising (from a respectable distance) to the neighbours and ensuring they are comfortable in the ambulance undo the four screws on top.

Pause to be sick and then empty the contents into a convenient drain. Remove the one end of a Q Tip which has caused the diabolical device to malfunction. Hose it and the surrounding area (and yourself) down and carefully replace the screws.

Hope this helps?

:lolol:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
My mums saniflo packed up last year...she kept flushing it to try and shift the sh@t until it overflowed all over the floor, then phoned me at 8 in the morning, a saturday morning following a rare friday night out...to say i had a hangover was an understatement, so i was seriously not impressed at having to sort out her crappy turd muncher..

Back to original post... if you are hearing water running back into unit then it does sound like the non return valve has jammed open slightly, this valve is simply a rubber flap and is fitted inside/ under the outlet pipe elbow on the top of the unit.

Flush the unit 3 or 4 times with uncontaminated water to purge the pipe of any sh@t then turn off the power to the unit, remove the outlet elbow, catching the water in a jug/ bowl etc, and you will see the non return valve in the top of the unit.
Clean and replace or fit a new one if it's damaged.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
thank you all for your advice, twas good reading :lolol: as it is my shyte then i dont think i will :sick: removed the non return valve and am going to replace it when i can locate one from a local plumbers or i will have to contact saniflo themselves so they can post me one. the bloke that sorted it last time can shove his £100 where the sun don't shine as i know i can get one cheaper. thank you thank you thank you :bla:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
thank you all for your advice, twas good reading :lolol: as it is my shyte then i dont think i will :sick: removed the non return valve and am going to replace it when i can locate one from a local plumbers or i will have to contact saniflo themselves so they can post me one. the bloke that sorted it last time can shove his £100 where the sun don't shine as i know i can get one cheaper. thank you thank you thank you :bla:

Is there any obvious damage to the non return valve?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here