Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T...Parking in central Brighton

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Haven't ventured further south than Preston Rockery for about 20 years and want to have an evening out with the Doris tomorrow (friday). Where's the best place to leave the motor these days ?
Probably just have a mooch through the lanes then to a restaurant or something...nothing heavy, just a bit of chill out time.

Any on street parking ?, it'll be around 7.30 is so any suggestions helpful

Ta muchly :thumbsup:

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Lanes car park has been nicely refurbished and is central being under the Thistle Hotel. Entrance up Black Lion Street. You pays your money though.

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Avoid Church Street (Theatre Car Park as they call it) like the plague. It's something stupid like 80p for 15 mins. If you're looking for a car park, Churchill Square is probably as good as any.
On street parking is pretty limited - you just have to get lucky really. I would try North Street, Bond Street, Gardener Street, or behind the 99p store in North Street. It's all a bit of a lottery.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They work until midnight and then kick off at 6am the next morning. Only 2 of them work in the evening and the tow truck isn't out after 7pm.

I wont argue as I am not 100% sure but I am fairly certain that I saw a tow truck pick up a car in Preston St a few weeks ago at about 9.00pm when wife and I were sat in a restaurant.

Karlos23

Oct 26, 2009
Not quite central but the College car park is open to the public after 4.30 and is 50p all night if that's any good

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is there any parking down Madiera drive ?

My Dad used to love his shifts on Madeira Drive during the summer when he was a car park attendant. They used to take it in turns on who was at the Pier end and who was at the Black Rock end. He then got the Rottingdean car park gig which was nice in the summer but a bit crap in the winter.

Jul 7, 2003
Lanes car park has been nicely refurbished and is central being under the Thistle Hotel. Entrance up Black Lion Street. You pays your money though.

I always use the Lanes car park when going into town for the evening. In the evenings, the Lanes car park is cheaper than most of the others in the middle of town

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here