O/T OUr Stadium

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
Addicks plan 40,000-seater Valley Nov 7 2003

Exclusive to South London Press

CHARLTON are planning to turn their Valley ground into a multi-million pound, 40,000 all-seater stadium - increasing the capacity by nearly 14,000.

The ground in Floyd Road currently holds just over 26,875 following the completion of a new North Stand last season which increased the overall capacity by 6,500. But these ambitious new plans would make The Valley one of the premier sporting venues in London.
The proposals are to construct a new East Stand upper tier to bring it level with the North Stand. And then to fill in the corners of the South East and South West Stands. That would take the capacity to 37,000.

The designs leave scope for a third tier to be added later to the South Stand, taking the capacity to an impressive 40,600.

A trust will be set up to fund the ground plans, although the costing depends on what parts of the plan get final approval.

Club officials have already held talks with Greenwich Council over the plans. Both parties have stressed residents will be fully and properly consulted in a process that could take a year.

The proposals are part of the club's latest three-year plan set out by plc chairman Richard Murray and his board of directors and geared towards establishing Charlton as the biggest club south of the river.

Murray said: "Ever since we've returned to The Valley we've been very progressive in the way we've planned the future of Charlton. We've already achieved a few of our dreams and we'd like to fulfil a few more."

Charlton have no fresh injuries for Saturday's home game with Fulham.

Sounds good to me :clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lucky to have a ground - we want a ground !

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
I know how you feel - I can remember, just what it was like playing at Selhurst Park :( Atmosphere etc are never quite the same

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I like the Valley, only been there once though, You might remember the game Matt, a 1-1 struggle against Dagenham?
:lolol:

Froggy

Oct 7, 2003
London
Trigger said:
I like the Valley, only been there once though, You might remember the game Matt, a 1-1 struggle against Dagenham?
:lolol:

I'm at The Valley today with TC!:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports