Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Electricity suppliers

gasgull

Nov 14, 2003
Newick
currently being fleeced by B Gas for my electric supply/Bills.
Have searched on line and N Power online come up best,but there service rating is poor.
Appreciate any advice anyone one may have

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I've just signed up with them but they haven't started supplying me yet. I hope that helps :jester:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I changed to Scottish Power and have had no problems with them.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
We have EDF Energy now and so far I have no complaints whatsoever with them. Top quality customer service and I think price wise they are fairly comparable for what we need/use.

Last edited:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
whoever you choose, get a fixed price plan for a few years if you can
prices will continue to soar due to resources of gas running out

Have NEVER changed from the original Seeboard deal ... so it's EDF for me.

The clincher is customer service.

We had a lightning strike on the transformer in our next door neighbour's garden a couple of years back that put out the lights for miles around. A phone call to report the incident got the network people hard at work immediately to restore supply to the wider area, but a lot of extra work needed to be done to get a supply back to the four houses that are served directly off the transformer.

To give themselves the three days necessary for that job to be done, EDF turned up - within two hours of the original incident - with a low loader, bearing a generator the size of a caravan that was quickly wired up to us and our neighbours.

And all of this was after 8 o'clock in the evening.

I simply don't believe that a telecoms company based miles away would have been that bothered.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My leccie meter gave up the ghost at the height of the cold spell the other week, thereby knocking out me heating also. EDF promised to treat it as a 'within 24 hours' emergency, and actually replaced the meter within 12 hours. Quality customer service :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Totally different country, but the ESB still as the other two options - Eirtricity and "Viridian" (Northern Irish Electricity Board taking on a less blatant name) - are both renowned for terrible customer care.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here