Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Brighton Hotel suggestions

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
Me and the wife are heading into Brighton for our wedding anniversary in a few weeks and looking to stay over the night.
Does anyone have any good recomendations for hotels in the city centre? Nothing too cheap, but not too expensive either (somewhere around the 100-150 mark).
Would do a search but frankly haven't the time!

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and appologies for not being another Murray/Owen/Southampton thready!

Me and the wife are heading into Brighton for our wedding anniversary in a few weeks and looking to stay over the night.
Does anyone have any good recomendations for hotels in the city centre? Nothing too cheap, but not too expensive either (somewhere around the 100-150 mark).
Would do a search but frankly haven't the time!

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and appologies for not being another Murray/Owen/Southampton thready!

Does this mean babysitting duty for me and wife?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
The Lansdowne has a Spa, bar that stays open late, nice rooms. I've had a few friends stay there when they've visited, and the Mighty Boosh stayed there on their tour...if that means anything...

http://www.lansdowneplace.co.uk/

I stayed at the Lansdowne on the night of my wedding and I've got to admit I was pretty disappointed. Rooms were pretty plain and the whole place looked very tired.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This, for fun. I often use the bar which can get a bit unhinged.

Hotel Du Vin if you want something elegant.

In Lieu of Hatter's poor wedding night experience, I'd also go along with Hotel Du Vin which funny enough, the Mighty Boosh stayed in on their 2nd tour - so maybe they didn't like the Lansdowne either!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In Lieu of Hatter's poor wedding night experience, I'd also go along with Hotel Du Vin which funny enough, the Mighty Boosh stayed in on their 2nd tour - so maybe they didn't like the Lansdowne either!

I have heard The Lansdown has deteriorated since the folk who ran it immediately after the renovation moved on.

I personally think Hotel Du Vin is the best hotel in Brighton. It's a lovely hotel and the service is excellent.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My Hotel!

Are you serious? No one I know likes this place, no one on this site has ever said anything good about it. It lacks class, looks like it's made of plastic, could do with an interior designer and the one and only time I went there found the bar full of coked up geezers and dolly birds down from London. In short it's quite hideous.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Are you serious? No one I know likes this place, no one on this site has ever said anything good about it. It lacks class, looks like it's made of plastic, could do with an interior designer and the one and only time I went there found the bar full of coked up geezers and dolly birds down from London. In short it's quite hideous.

According to TripAdvisor it's the third most popular hotel in Brighton. Hotel Una at 1. Drakes at 2.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
According to TripAdvisor it's the third most popular hotel in Brighton. Hotel Una at 1. Drakes at 2.

Tripadvisor should be viewed with a pinch of salt in my opinion. The last time I looked at this site the reviews often said more about the poster than the establishment.....if you get my drift.

I dont like Drakes, I checked them out for my wedding. The didn't seem to listen to anything myself or my wife were saying. They were not as bad as Due South though. Jeez they're a bunch of arrogant arseholes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Tell you what, go in there tonight, treat yourself to a cocktail and tell me how many cock sure swaggering blokes and screeching dolly birds you count.

And then pop over to Valentinos and have another cocktail....and compare the crowd.

And go to Fitzherberts for a pint of Bitburger to finish off with.

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
Go on, stay at Pelirocco

Online Booking

That actually looks like quite a good shout! Any ideas what the service is like there?

Does this mean babysitting duty for me and wife?

You know it!

The Lansdowne has a Spa, bar that stays open late, nice rooms. I've had a few friends stay there when they've visited, and the Mighty Boosh stayed there on their tour...if that means anything...

http://www.lansdowneplace.co.uk/

Another good looking suggestion thanks, not sure though now it's been described as tired and plain?

This, for fun. I often use the bar which can get a bit unhinged.

Hotel Du Vin if you want something elegant.

Du Vin certainly seems like a great place but pushing the upper end of the price bracket!

Heard about a place called Sea Spray... anyone heard anything/visited before?

Cheers muchly guys.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Christ, myhotel is a shithole. Bar exactly as described.

Nearly shat when Chilli Pickle moved there but they have done well with the space.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Tell you what, go in there tonight, treat yourself to a cocktail and tell me how many cock sure swaggering blokes and screeching dolly birds you count.

And then pop over to Valentinos and have another cocktail....and compare the crowd.

And go to Fitzherberts for a pint of Bitburger to finish off with.

Christ, myhotel is a shithole. Bar exactly as described.

Nearly shat when Chilli Pickle moved there but they have done well with the space.

Judging by both your posts I'm guessing you haven't actually stayed at the hotel ? Ignore the bar and it's a decent hotel - nice and central for restaurants and bars and if you're that way inclined, the theatre. If you do book it for your anniversary then take your special DVDs as every room has a player :whistle:

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Pelirocco. No doubt.
Fantastic people all through the hotel and strangely they seem to employ really hot chambermaids.
Ring, ask for Marko the manager and say the stocktaker sent you. You might get a discount !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here