Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T: Brighton bus drivers told NOT to say "Babe".......

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Apologies if fixtures; couldn't see anything in a quick search...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16808941

I know there's "other" matters to deal with tonight, but thought this might provide a bit of entertainment for those of us who can't make it to SP!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When the bus drivers say "thanks , babe" I always reply with "ta , sweetheart".

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Absolute balls if you ask me - who cares if they call you babe, darling, love, I think it's quite nice to be called that myself. They did a survey on the radio this morning and most of the women who they asked said they had no problem with it whatsoever!!

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Absolute balls if you ask me - who cares if they call you babe, darling, love, I think it's quite nice to be called that myself. They did a survey on the radio this morning and most of the women who they asked said they had no problem with it whatsoever!!

Is "Thanks sugartits" going too far?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Dont think many ladies getting on a bus would have a problem with being called 'babe' - at least this is fairly polite, given that most customer service on public transport is crap. However I could see more mature ladies feeling this is a bit inappropriate.

One thing that really gets me is when entering a restaurant with a party of boys and girls is the trend to be greeted by staff with a 'Hi Guys, how's it going?' and 'How are you Guys doing, are you ready to order yet?' - WTF!!!!! This is the good old UK, not the f***ing US of A! Clearly the ladies find this irritating after umpteen times. This is just lazy and ignorant service, how about a 'Good evening, good to see you etc etc'. Had a variation on this in a Wagamama when asking for table for my wife and I the waiter said 'Hello Gentlemen' yet Mrs SoC is clearly quite a fit member of the opposite gender. Then became apparent that the waiter was Portuguese and his command of English was limited to say the least....once pointed out to the waiter he realised this wasn't appropriate and his attitude was absolutely great, and we had a number of laughs with him, so was dealt with in an amicable manner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here