Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T: Best way to run central heating.....

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Baby does have a gro bag type thingy but when I was up doing the feed at 3am this morning he head and arms were freezing, and so was I as well. I'm 36 so I don't own a dressing gown yet. I thought those came when you turn 40

If it's any consolation, my first is coming up to 6 months and has had cold hands (to varying degrees) pretty much every night since he was born, including during the summer when we were more concerned with keeping the room, and him, cool. The other morning he had seriously chilled hands but his chest down was cosy...such is the glory of the gro-bag things.

Also, leave off the dressing gowns, I'm mid (late, maybe, depending on who you ask) twenties, and wouldn't part with mine easily...

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
The best thing about moving into my new build flat is it is so well insulated. I haven't had the heating on at all yet and the thermostat has never read lower than 20.5degC.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
It's best to have the heating on a lower temperature but all day, do to the amount of energy it takes to

a) fire up the boiler and bring the radiators to temparature
b) Heat up the room again once you've let the whole place go cold

Best things to help are also:

Put tin foil on the walls behind the radiators, reflects the heat back into the room rather than let it be absorbed by the walls
Keep your radiators clear i.e. Don't put a sofa in front of a radiator BUT if you have high ceilings, a shelf above a radiator can deflect heat into the room rather than up to the ceiling
Contact your energy supplier about free inusulation

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I use my thermostat during the winter.

Basically, I can programme two periods for the heating to come on, which actually could be all day or night. Outside of those periods, I set the thermostat at a minimum temperature, so if the flat gets too cold, it will come on.

I have the heating come on when i get up in the morning, and then before I go to bed. I don't like a too warm bedroom, so it goes off overnight.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I use my thermostat during the winter.

Basically, I can programme two periods for the heating to come on, which actually could be all day or night. Outside of those periods, I set the thermostat at a minimum temperature, so if the flat gets too cold, it will come on.

I have the heating come on when i get up in the morning, and then before I go to bed. I don't like a too warm bedroom, so it goes off overnight.

What do you think of the footie since 2005:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here