Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] O/T Bathroom plumbing question

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The part cost £60 and the plumber charged £80 for labour, so probably doesn’t drive a Porsche.
£80 is pretty reasonable for a skilled tradesperson
We don’t earn a living like everyone else apparently all tradesman do is drive around fleecing folk :facepalm:
Fuel, insurance, specialty tools, years of experience should never come under consideration when hiring a trade professional.

50 posts on here three trips to screwfix and the job is still not done properly is the way to go these days.
I’ve seen many YouTube videos of so called pro’s I would give a job to 90% of them 🤣

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
£140 does he drive a Porsche ?
Joking aside, I sourced the cartridge online myself for £60 snd paid him £80. He was here for about two hours and was incredibly careful with his work on the tap. He shut the bathroom door and secretly opened the toilet cistern and refitted the flush mechanism which he noticed had been installed over the cistern rather than inside. No extra charge. He slso checked the other two toilet flush mechanisms to ensure they were working effectively. I thought he was good value for his £80.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Where abouts are you? Personally I don't waste time trying to fix taps nowadays, it's often the same cost to just change it. If you're local I can have a go at it. Also let me know if you want an estimate for your bathroom, I am booked up until around August though..
Did someone in Brighton contact you about changing some TRVs? I gave them your details a few days back by email.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The last time I tried to buy a replacement cartridge, I could find one that fitted. It was cheaper to buy a new tap in the end, just to make sure.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Joking aside, I sourced the cartridge online myself for £60 snd paid him £80. He was here for about two hours and was incredibly careful with his work on the tap. He shut the bathroom door and secretly opened the toilet cistern and refitted the flush mechanism which he noticed had been installed over the cistern rather than inside. No extra charge. He slso checked the other two toilet flush mechanisms to ensure they were working effectively. I thought he was good value for his £80.
You haven't come across a tiny thing that looks like a camera have you :rolleyes:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Where abouts are you? Personally I don't waste time trying to fix taps nowadays, it's often the same cost to just change it. If you're local I can have a go at it. Also let me know if you want an estimate for your bathroom, I am booked up until around August though..
Very kind - have messaged you.

Holoflux

Dec 27, 2021
just get a new tap , fitted by a plumber , job done......on a side note i'm thinking of hiring a small aircraft to fly me and the family to Amsterdam , doe's anyone have any pointers on how to operate light aircraft...?
…or just move house

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here