Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

o/t anyone getting Standard Life shares?

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Wondergull said:
I got a letter this morning from them saying i didnt qualify for any shares :angry:

Not sure what you need to qualify. Does anyone know? My work pension is with them.

My pension's with them, so may also be angry having read your comments.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
if you have any type of policy with them, even if it's in joint names, you will get one of two letters - one saying "tough you get nothing", and the other saying "you are entitled to shares" with a voting form that shows how many.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed but the way SL has been run for the last XX years I expect the whole process to be a shambles

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Wondergull said:
I got a letter this morning from them saying i didnt qualify for any shares :angry:

Not sure what you need to qualify. Does anyone know? My work pension is with them.

if it's a works pension I guess the works pension scheme is the member, not you. You might be entitled to discounted SL shares later on if that's any consolation.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Shropshire Seagull said:
I only have an ISA with them - no letter for me today :(

Do I have a lazy postman or do I not qualify?

depends when you started the ISA and hopefully have a lazy postman - good luck!

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
the vote for demutualisation is not until the end of May. final decision not until the summer (sounds familiar)

if you have a pension with them you should be eligible for shares/cash.

i contacted them because i stopped paying in to my pension a little while ago (cash crisis!) and was worried i wouldnt be eligible for shares. they have told me i am. probably going to be worth F@@K All!

worth contacting them through the website and asking them if you are eligible.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
oooh I have a frozen pension with them, I keep getting letters but not sure if I will qualify or not as I either read or dreamt that non UK residents will not qualify.

Be nice if I did.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
woodster said:

they have told me i am. probably going to be worth F@@K All!

minimum is 185 shares - worth about £500 - will pay for Season Ticket if you are lucky.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have been allocated 838 shares could be at 290p = £2500 odd

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

If your all going to St Lucia, All going to St Lucia, all going to St Lucia clap youir hands

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
re the works pension thingamy - if it's a stakeholder scheme it almost certainly too recent to qualify

the big winners will probably be the oldies who've got long standing arrangements like 'with-profit' bonds

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I use the term 'winners' whilst acknowledging that they've been losers in recent years as the bonus rates have been poor

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
pevenseagull said:
I use the term 'winners' whilst acknowledging that they've been losers in recent years as the bonus rates have been poor

too bloody right........a couple of grand now and an endowment shortfall of much much more with the value of the policy increasing by less than the premiums paid.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
timbha said:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed but the way SL has been run for the last XX years I expect the whole process to be a shambles

No chance. They've got the best team on the job - so it will be a resounding success. (eh, Bozza ;) )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here