Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Anyone been to Malta?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I have just confirmed with my wife that on our last visit it was advertised that Mellehia Beach, which is a man made beach was the only sand beach as such although Popeye Beach in Popeye Village had some sand but very little. Sorry to argue the point but I knew I was right.

Ok you live in your world . I will continue to live in the real one .BTW when was this visit?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I have just confirmed with my wife that on our last visit it was advertised that Mellehia Beach, which is a man made beach was the only sand beach as such although Popeye Beach in Popeye Village had some sand but very little. Sorry to argue the point but I knew I was right.

BG You are not right. None of the beaches in malta are man made they were always there and sandy but............ they have been changed and altered a bit by man to add a bit more sand and facilities.

Anyone who tells you any different is wrong.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BG You are not right. None of the beaches in malta are man made they were always there and sandy but............ they have been changed and altered a bit by man to add a bit more sand and facilities.

Anyone who tells you any different is wrong.

Technically you are right the beaches are natural but have been improved by man to make them more sandy beaches. The last time I was there was about 15 years ago, when I smoked cigars and they were very cheap there. As I said I loved it and would have gone back had I not 'discovered ' Cyprus but my sons father in law hated it and couldn't wait to come home his view was, as somebody else has said, it may be ok when it is finished.

Last edited:

m.c.hamster

Jul 9, 2003
Malta

My Dad lived there for a number of years. He said the food was rubbish, the housing was awful, he was kept up most nights by the noise and when he returned he was severely malnourished. Mind you it was during WW2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here