Nutri-Grain bars

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
I haven't been this upset for a while. Having had a good day at work I decided to buy myself a pack of chocolate coated shortbread biscuits from the vending machine in the canteen, with my last 35p of change. Whilst making my selection, I was distracted by a rather attractive girl from the accounts department, meaning that I accidentally pressed C1 instead of C2 and out dropped this Nutri-Grain bar. Not wanting to cause a scene in front of said attractive girl, I took my cherry flavoured, cereal bar back to the office, where I consumed it in depressed silence.

I can honestly can it was the most disappointingly tasteless thing I have eaten since leaving primary school dinners behind me. It's got a soggy texture, a nasty, cheap tasting jam in the middle, and leaves a sickly sugary taste in your mouth. Why the hell would anyone eat one of these things? And if I wanted "added calcium" (??) I'd drink a pint of milk.

Now I've got bits stuck in my wisdom tooth that's just cutting through the gum. Fucks sake.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
They're shit and are yet another example of bad food being sold under the misguiding title of 'healthy'.

still,they are nice though.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
For some reason they don't taste as nice as they look like they should be. It's all good until you bite, then it's gone in a couple of seconds. "Is that it?", you ask. Nice wrapper though, a quality opening.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
OK then to cheer yourself up describe what the girl from accounts looks like.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Very popular amongst footballers pre match and at half time at the moment. Gives them 'instant energy'.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
what ? girls from accounts?

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Life After Bobby said:
did a similar thing myself only yesterday, except i naively CHOSE to purchase said bar. the experience was equally depressing. in fact more so, cos i didn't see the attractive girl from accounts.

That's even worse!

The attractive girl from accounts made things only slightly better. I might have managed to pull off a kind of "I'm looking after my body" effect by getting a nutri-grain bar instead of one of the numerous chocolate bars I could have had, but that really didn't make up for it.

To answer the questions about her, she's got long dark hair, lovely smile and a really cute arse. And she's started e-mailing me quite a lot. Bring on the office Xmas party!!

:clap2:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Try 'Geo-Bars[. You can get them in Chocolate and Raisan flavour and Cranberry flavour, well tasty and fair trade too.

Nice.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Set of Tracksuits said:
I haven't been this upset for a while. Having had a good day at work I decided to buy myself a pack of chocolate coated shortbread biscuits from the vending machine in the canteen, with my last 35p of change.

Is that the Cadbury product with 6 small chocolate coated biscuits in a yellow wrapper?

40p in our vending machine.

I went to get one yesterday but bought some mini cookies instead.

They were OK. No more and no less. I was a tad disappointed.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Set of Tracksuits said:
I haven't been this upset for a while. Having had a good day at work I decided to buy myself a pack of chocolate coated shortbread biscuits from the vending machine in the canteen, with my last 35p of change. Whilst making my selection, I was distracted by a rather attractive girl from the accounts department, meaning that I accidentally pressed C1 instead of C2 and out dropped this Nutri-Grain bar. Not wanting to cause a scene in front of said attractive girl, I took my cherry flavoured, cereal bar back to the office, where I consumed it in depressed silence.

I can honestly can it was the most disappointingly tasteless thing I have eaten since leaving primary school dinners behind me. It's got a soggy texture, a nasty, cheap tasting jam in the middle, and leaves a sickly sugary taste in your mouth. Why the hell would anyone eat one of these things? And if I wanted "added calcium" (??) I'd drink a pint of milk.

Now I've got bits stuck in my wisdom tooth that's just cutting through the gum. Fucks sake.

Worst "I'm on a diet" post ever.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Re: Re: Nutri-Grain bars

Bozza said:
Is that the Cadbury product with 6 small chocolate coated biscuits in a yellow wrapper?

40p in our vending machine.

I went to get one yesterday but bought some mini cookies instead.

They were OK. No more and no less. I was a tad disappointed.

That's the ones, I think they're called Snack biscuits or something and they always sell out within about 2 days in our canteen.

Very good for dunking in a cuppa tea. They are, in my opinion, a substantially better snack than any mini cookie.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Re: Re: Re: Nutri-Grain bars

Set of Tracksuits said:
That's the ones, I think they're called Snack biscuits or something and they always sell out within about 2 days in our canteen.

Very good for dunking in a cuppa tea. They are, in my opinion, a substantially better snack than any mini cookie.

I concur.

Made a schoolboy error the like of which I will not repeat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports