Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Numpty on 606

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
When driving back last night I heard an idiot on the radio say 'Mark McGhee has taken the team as far as he can' what a pratt.

I'm sure it was Dave the Gaffer that called up later to put him right.

We were rubbish last night, but it was nice to sit in a decent stadium.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I remember one or two people saying similar after Blackpool trounced us 3-1 last season.
We were rubbish that day too.

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
Drove us mad in the car when we heard that. without MM and his tacktical know how we would not be sitting in the postion we are

the bloke is a twat we cant win trophys and have great seasons every season every one knew this season would be tough

david

Feb 5, 2004
London
All seemed a bit suspicious to me. It sounded like he was ringing from indoors, yet was introduced as having gone to the game.
I also can't believe anyone who travels up to Derby midweek (therefore a fairly commited fan) could be so clueless.
Wouldn't surprise me if it was someone stirring things up. Palace?

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
We mustnt blame the manager hes doing great given the circumstances- we do need that striker though - I know there are no funds so we have to accept our lot. ( would like some money found somehow to prevent us being dragged into the relegation scrap)

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
The interesting thing about last night was when I was looking at the programme, our squad is actually bigger than Derby's.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
The Auditor said:
We mustnt blame the manager hes doing great given the circumstances- we do need that striker though - I know there are no funds so we have to accept our lot. ( would like some money found somehow to prevent us being dragged into the relegation scrap)

Agreed. That's why I wouldn't mind seeing Claridge sign for us. He just has that knowledge and experience which could make a difference to our starting line. Virgo tries his heart out but he just doesn't get in the right positions during open play, Currie and Knight can get the crosses in but there's no-one in place to do anything with them. There must be something for a free transfer or a loan player, even Rotherham managed to get Paul Shaw and Mark Burchill on loan this season.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
n1 gull said:
When driving back last night I heard an idiot on the radio say 'Mark McGhee has taken the team as far as he can' what a pratt.

I'm sure it was Dave the Gaffer that called up later to put him right.

We were rubbish last night, but it was nice to sit in a decent stadium.

hear hear :clap: :clap:

Lush

Mods' Pet
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Virgo tries his heart out but he just doesn't get in the right positions during open play, Currie and Knight can get the crosses in but there's no-one in place to do anything with them.

Aint that the truth. It's a credit to Virgo and the midfield that he's managed to get the goals he has, but if you've never really played up front before - well there's a wealth of experience that he just doesn't have.

Not that he's neccessarily the best solution, but when is McPhee due back?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I got the text through confirming Leon Knight up front, I sent this on to OTLW asking Why? Leon CANNOT play up front on his own!!

I would have normally watched sky sports awaiting the Goal flash but turned over and watched "Most Haunted!" ......

Which was nice..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here