Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nuclear nerd!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't think we need to see speculative analysis. It's pretty obvious what a plethora of those things would do.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You can detonate your choice of bomb over your choice of place on this map. The tiktokker is right, the Tsar Bomba at 50mt only 1 was made and tested. Not that the map proves anymore comforting detonating a 10mt device, or even 10kt.

https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm sure nuclear bombs are evil ******** but I believe they are mainly a rhetorical weapon... everyone knows what it is, everyone fear them etc... In reality I think there's a bunch of funny stuff that has been developed since the nukes came around 80 years ago that could cause more damage. What would kill the most people, a nuke in London or eg weaponized smallpox engineered to escape those old vaccines (that no one has had for 50 years anyway). Or some DEW people have never heard about, microwaving our brains until they melt...

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I'm sure nuclear bombs are evil ******** but I believe they are mainly a rhetorical weapon... everyone knows what it is, everyone fear them etc... In reality I think there's a bunch of funny stuff that has been developed since the nukes came around 80 years ago that could cause more damage. What would kill the most people, a nuke in London or eg weaponized smallpox engineered to escape those old vaccines (that no one has had for 50 years anyway). Or some DEW people have never heard about, microwaving our brains until they melt...
Pah! Just you wait until they weaponise BIGPOX.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Just wait till these fuggers come a-rumbling across the landscape :eek:

Dalek.jpg

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Point of order. Contrary to the berk in the video - a nuclear bomb doesn't explode before hitting the ground "so as not to cause a massive earthquake" (why the hell would the aggressor care about that??). It detonates in mid-air because it will transfer more of its chemical payload across a wider area, rather than wasting its energy into the ground beneath. It also bounces a shockwave from its detonation back up off the ground, and outwards across the target.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’ll just go upstairs when they arrive :smile:

You, sir, are living in the past, sir.