Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Nuclear Fusion

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
I think i'm right in saying that science has never managed to get more energy out of nuclear fusion than they've put in.

Accelerate burn, this is something that is approaching fast, and why they are saying fusion reacters in 5 to 8 years.

"The research described in this paper marks where alpha heating in the reactions outcompeted the loss between radiation and heat conduction. It’s an exciting time because we’re at the point where continued marginal gains in how we conduct our experiments will lead to exponential improvements.”"

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/self-sustaining-fusion-milestone-burns-plasma-in-us/

We now just need to mine helium 3 from the moon or nuclear warheads to obtain limitless energy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Meanwhile Kenya is getting close to half its domestic energy from geothermal energy, the rift valley being nearer the hot stuff makes it easy. Let me repeat that, its easy, over a decade ago I read an article in the New Scientist mag that the theoretical enegy potential from geothermal is 2 Billion times greater than wind and solar combined. This is why imo green energy and global warming are just scams, progress requires we need tons of the stuff(energy), or we start going backwards.

Exibit A on why modern education is a failure and why we have stupid and crooked people ruling over us.

Not sure about global warming being a scam (and I am on record as saying that the correlation between average temperature and human greenhouse gas emission is not as tight as I'd like to see, and that if there is only one theory and everyone agrees with it, we have religion). Otherwise, yay bro, interesting and that. Seriously, energy is a global problem that would benefit by global solutions. A bit of disruptive change, possibly some pwopa war, may be needed before this comes to pass :eek:

:thumbsup:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Dad, does the moon provide light and heat to support all life on Earth through the process of Nuclear fusion?

No sun

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here