Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NTL Broadband...any good ?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
thedonkeycentrehalf said:
If you have XP, you'll probably have to ring support to get the thing installed as the CD provided doesn't have quite work properly. You get an error which I can't remember but they give you a fix straight away and no more problems thereafter.

True. I run XP and had quite a few problems with their installation CD. However, bloke on the end of the helpline was very good, although it might have been more difficult if I wasn't pc literate. Not had any problems with it since installation.

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Hilton Parmer said:
I would definately recommend NTL 600k. I've got it connected to 3 computers and my PS2 and it's still super fast, definately worth it!:clap2:

NTL do three:

150k £14.99
600k £24.99
1mb £34.99

There is a significant difference between 15ok and 600k, but not between 600k and 1mb.

Definately worth £24.99. And I have never had a problem with connection to date. (We've had it for approx a year now).

Super fast and recommended. :thumbsup:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I agree Art. I'd never go back to dial-up. Had it since March, no problems.
I've got XP, but the software loaded ok first time. A bit fiddly maybe, but it loaded.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have XP running on a 2.5gig processor Dell with 60gig and half a meg of ram and it loaded and runs fine.

I cant remember my NTL addresses and so it wont let me into mail ( and I have tried NTL to get a new one and they are fecking useless as they never answer any mails)

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Definitely go for 600k connection if you're looking for a noticeable difference. I've been on it with NTL for over a year. It has the odd day where it drops out now and again, but on the whole it's been reliable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here