CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
As per the official website 'Extra seats gallery today'

"Vomitories in the East Stand take shape"

What do they mean?
1. Something that induces vomiting
2. An aperture through which matter is discharged
3. One of the tunnel-like passages of an amphitheatre or stadium between the seats and the outside wall or passageway.

If it was Selhurst I'd say 1 or 2...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
There is, I believe, a latin word "vomitorium", but it doesn't really mean what you might think - it is the exit of a theatre (or similar), I think.

* Note : If this information is wrong, you can blame Spephen Fry and QI - but as that bloke thinks in latin, it's probably correct.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

vomitory - an entrance to an amphitheater or stadium
coliseum, amphitheater, amphitheatre - an oval large stadium with tiers of seats; an arena in which contests and spectacles are held
entrance, entranceway, entryway, entree, entry - something that provides access (to get in or get out); "they waited at the entrance to the garden"; "beggars waited just outside the entryway to the cathedral"

Hey, I have this fantastic new thing on my laptop, goggle or something it is called. It came up with this for me.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I always thought the vomitory was the correct name for what we generally refer to as the aisle in church, with teh aisle actually being the walkways down the side of the church, while the vomitory was the walkway down the middle. But I could be wrong, my RE lessons were a long time ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports