NSC v Essex Eagle

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
So what do you think the attendance will be for the Newcastle game?

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
I genuinely like staying after the game for a few more drinks and to see the highlights etc on the screens. The fact it also helps let the train queue disappear is just an added bonus

So, if your ground (nice as it is) was in a location that allowed you to just go home afterwards without too many transport issues, like almost every other ground in the country, you would still decide to stay on and watch ''the highlights etc'' ?? Even after a boring 0-0 or a home defeat, say 1-3 for instance?? Really?? Honest answer please.
The Amex is without doubt the worst ground in the country (and I have been to approaching 70 now) for accessibility.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
So, if your ground (nice as it is) was in a location that allowed you to just go home afterwards without too many transport issues, like almost every other ground in the country, you would still decide to stay on and watch ''the highlights etc'' ?? Even after a boring 0-0 or a home defeat, say 1-3 for instance?? Really?? Honest answer please.
The Amex is without doubt the worst ground in the country (and I have been to approaching 70 now) for accessibility.

Bollocks. How long do you have to wait in queues for the tube at West Ham, Spurs etc...? How difficult is it to get to MK Dons if you're on the train?. There are loads of examples of grounds where it's a pain in the arse to get in/out. We're not the best, but what other club gives you free travel from a fairly large surrounding area to the ground so that you don't have to drive up to the ground?. The Park and rides, I've never had any major problems with that you wouldn't expect at any event with a crowd of 20k+.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Another Palace fan banging on about attendances.

Firstly, I like the irony...
BUT...Is this the match where it all comes home to roost and you enter the real world? Without the one of plastics and JCL's on cheap long term ST deals who are now feeling shafted by the club after being expected to pay a ridiculous £39 for a cup match??
With 3000 Geordie's I'm sure it will still look respectable but what do you reckon? 18k?

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Bollocks. How long do you have to wait in queues for the tube at West Ham, Spurs etc...? How difficult is it to get to MK Dons if you're on the train?. There are loads of examples of grounds where it's a pain in the arse to get in/out. We're not the best, but what other club gives you free travel from a fairly large surrounding area to the ground so that you don't have to drive up to the ground?. The Park and rides, I've never had any major problems with that you wouldn't expect at any event with a crowd of 20k+.

Park and ride?? What a pain in the arse. How about park and walk?

And I would rather walk to the nearest tube from West Ham etc than have to queue for a bus to get to my car and then wait to exit the car park. Good stadium, shit location and transport. I am just pleased that I don't have to do that every other week.

Oh, forgot to add that we have never been in a league so low as to have to play the mighty MK Dons so I can't comment on that!

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
More than Palace vs Stoke trust me :lolol:

Yeah, probably true.
But you lot keep banging on about attendances. Maybe your club is starting to show their true colours with the shocking prices for the Newcastle game? I think they are taking the piss. £39? Someone on the BBS said his seat was £41!!!!
Perhaps there is a bit of a reality check here. Maybe your board have been surprised at the take up of all the cheap ST deals and have decided to try and make a killing for the cup game, thinking that you will all happily dip in your pocket for the Albion and they will get another 20k+ attendance?
I think they will be sadly disappointed.
I am normally approving of anyone abusing Brighton fans, but in this case, I have a certain amount of sympathy for the weeds. Your club is taking the piss out of the goodwill that you and all of the JCL's have shown in supporting your return to Brighton in your own stadium.
They should be rewarding you with a cheap ticket deal for this match, not trying to extort £40 for the privelege of seeing you lose to Newcastle.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Yeah, probably true.
But you lot keep banging on about attendances. Maybe your club is starting to show their true colours with the shocking prices for the Newcastle game? I think they are taking the piss. £39? Someone on the BBS said his seat was £41!!!!
Perhaps there is a bit of a reality check here. Maybe your board have been surprised at the take up of all the cheap ST deals and have decided to try and make a killing for the cup game, thinking that you will all happily dip in your pocket for the Albion and they will get another 20k+ attendance?
I am normally approving of anyone abusing Brighton fans, but in this case, I have a certain amount of sympathy for the weeds. Your club is taking the piss out of the goodwill that you and all of the JCL's have shown in supporting your return to Brighton in your own stadium.
They should be rewarding you with a cheap ticket deal for this match, not trying to extort £40 for the privelege of seeing you lose to Newcastle.

Shouldn't you be more concerned about your own attendances? I know your board is :lolol:

When our gates drop as low as yours then it would concern me.but until then.....

I'm paying £30 to watch a decent Premiership team at home in the cup. I have no problem with that. Do you want £20 bet to REMF that Brighton will still hit 20k for this game ? That's still a decent crowd, Didn't you get something like 5k for a home cup game against Wigan(Premiership side don't forget) :lolol::lolol::lolol::facepalm:

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Shouldn't you be more concerned about your own attendances? I know your board is :lolol:

When our gates drop as low as yours then it would concern me.but until then.....

I'm paying £30 to watch a decent Premiership team at home in the cup. I have no problem with that. Do you want £20 bet to REMF that Brighton will still hit 20k for this game ? That's still a decent crowd, Didn't you get something like 5k for a home cup game against Wigan(Premiership side don't forget) :lolol::lolol::lolol::facepalm:

Yes, Algie. I will take that. REMF is a good cause. Trouble with internet forum bets is how do we know whoever has paid up? I will be amazed if you get 20k for this.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Yes, Algie. I will take that. REMF is a good cause. Trouble with internet forum bets is how do we know whoever has paid up? I will be amazed if you get 20k for this.
I have noted this post and will inform a moderator of this bet to REMF.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Yeah, probably true.
To be honest £41 is the top price & i can see why you have singled it out.

The other way of looking at it is that i paid £44 (Incl booking fee) for me & my son to be there. Now considering that i paid more than that for the 2 of us to go to Sellhurst the other week in that piss laden shit hole then it's really no comparison.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
I have noted this post and will inform a moderator of this bet to REMF.

:thumbsup:
And how do I know when you have paid?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A club built on goodwill?

Yeah, probably true.

The point you might be missing here is the club are charging out advertised match prices. This is what a walk up fan would pay for any league match. Season ticket holders get a discount through a season ticket, hence the "outrage." Don't forget we also only get 45% of the gate...!

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004

To be honest £41 is the top price & i can see why you have singled it out.

The other way of looking at it is that i paid £44 (Incl booking fee) for me & my son to be there. Now considering that i paid more than that for the 2 of us to go to Sellhurst the other week in that piss laden shit hole then it's really no comparison.

Yeah but big difference to going to our biggest derby game and going to a 3rd round cup game that is on the tele with a 12.45 KO isn't there? Now don't get me wrong, I am old enough to remember the good old days of the FA cup. It used to be magic. Unfortunately these days it is not the same and people are not willing to attend as they used to. I am actually sticking up for you weeds fans here! Your tickets shouldn't be £44 for you and your son. It should be something like £20 for you and £5 for your lad. I suspect that the proof will be in the attendance. I initially thought 18k but on reflection I think it will be less.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy seeing your exit from the cup and I'm pleased that you were at Selhurst to experience the misery you must have felt!! Up the Palace!!

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
The point you might be missing here is the club are charging out advertised match prices. This is what a walk up fan would pay for any league match. Season ticket holders get a discount through a season ticket, hence the "outrage." Don't forget we also only get 45% of the gate...!

Wow. BHA normally charge walk up fans £39-£41 for a Championship game?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports