NSC Tourist Information.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
someone mentioned Leeds Castle, its pretty expensive. i'd check on prices of everything to avoid surprises. Tate Modern is great place and free, then walk over too/from St Pauls with Tower Bridge and Gerkin seen off to the east, ticks a few boxes.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
someone mentioned Leeds Castle, its pretty expensive. i'd check on prices of everything to avoid surprises. Tate Modern is great place and free, then walk over too/from St Pauls with Tower Bridge and Gerkin seen off to the east, ticks a few boxes.

Shakespeare's Globe is next door to Tate Modern, virtually, and is a fantastic place to visit. Along the river (5 minutes walk) there's also The Golden Hinde, and keep going to get to Tower Bridge. Cross this and there's The Tower of London - definitely worth a visit.

All this is walking distance from London Bridge station.

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012
Paradise Park in Newhaven has a really good Dinosaur walk through! It might not be the same quality as walking with dinosaurs in London but to fill some time locally, very good for the young ones!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Always the London Duck Tours, basically an amphibious tour of London. It's good fun too although if the weather is bad then it probably isn't a good idea !!!

It depends on what they like really, always a tour of the Amex too, they are quite good and last a while.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Could show him the sunset from Devils Dyke

Attachments

• Sunset-looking-north-from-010.jpg
    Sunset-looking-north-from-010.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 36

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Loves dinosaurs and most animals, very interested in the history of England, i think the age of everything is going to blow his mind!

Nothing too gory or scary.

Fossil hunting on the Dorset coast,loads of Ammonites all there for the taking follow it up with a day at Monkey World and the Tank Museum next door.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Vote for Drusillas and Bodium castle here. If venturing to Hastings while at Bodium, would avoid Smugglers Adventure and whatever Sealife centre Hastings is now called as first is scary-ish for some and later is very poor. Battle while over this way is nice but not much to do. Hastings Old Town would be great for both parents and an enjoyable half hour wander, window shop, then coffee out. Her indoors would love it and he'd last the hour + there I'd think compared to anywhere else.

Battle has an oldie worldie museum that's OK (Yesterday's World) opposite the abbey but probably not interactive enough to hold his interest tbh.

Most other things this way would be quite outdoorsy and not the right time of year! Eastbourne can't think of much tbh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports