Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] NSC slow?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Seems I wasn’t the only one - had visions of nobody having the same issue!

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Has stopped working for me using safari, annoyingly slow with chrome on my iPad.
Most times it’s easier and quicker to close the tab and open a new one.
Manifests as a delay between keypad and display typing this.
Clunky on android mobile but always has been in my experience.
Fine on pc ,

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
On my iOS the slowness appears to be linked to a pop-up ad at the bottom that has a wavy line top to it and an X to get rid.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Very slow on my iPad, same happens as described in post #27.
Yeh let’s wait for the advert at the bottom to load before I can attempt to read a thread.
When the wavy line ad at the bottom first appeared it was annoying but the thread pages seemed to still load ok, but the last week everything has been really slow.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Very slow on my iPad, same happens as described in post #27.
Yeh let’s wait for the advert at the bottom to load before I can attempt to read a thread.
When the wavy line ad at the bottom first appeared it was annoying but the thread pages seemed to still load ok, but the last week everything has been really slow.
Exactly the same with my iPad using Chrome for the past week.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Yep happens to me too, I thought it was just a matter of my mobile browser (Internet Samsung) because on PC it works fine. It's not too bad, just have to wait a bit more for the page to load.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Same for me on Android phone and tablet but fine on Windows laptop. It's not just NSC though it's most sites with Reddit particularly bad - can be 15 seconds between clicking a link and it opening. Unfortunately we're with Virgin so I've assumed it's them.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Board's just about unuseable this morning

@Bozza is it just too rich in features now (e.g loading tweets) to support the number of users? Have you tried turning some of them off? The features, that is, not the users...

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I’ve been having this problem on Safari (iPhone) for a few days now, where I’m typing a reply and suddenly the page will refresh by itself and I’ve lost what I was typing. It’s a bit irritating.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is anyone who is experiencing "slowness" getting it on a laptop/desktop device, or is only on phones/tablets?

Jul 7, 2003
Not had any issues with laptop / desktop but is an issue on iPad using Chrome and has been for a couple of weeks. Definitely linked to the adverts but not all of the them.

If an advert is slow to load, it stops you doing anything until the ad has loaded - sometimes up to 10 seconds. After that it seems to have some buffering which would explain the comments about opening different threads and losing typing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here