Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC REMF Poker?

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Following on from the Snooker and Poker threads, what do you reckon to having an NSC pokerthon in aid of REMF ?

Either we all find a place we can play or all agree on an online poker site, transfer a few quid to participate and winner takes (nearly) all?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Kerry Mayo's borther Ryan runs a number of poker nights at his pub in Worthing perhaps he could host the event?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Kerry Mayo's borther Ryan runs a number of poker nights at his pub in Worthing perhaps he could host the event?

Used to play there saturday nights, Good games, Couldn't play for money though, Would be excellent if we could get something organised.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
ignore

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Funnily enough, I was going to suggest something like this on the other poker thread I started earlier.

I'm WELL up for this. However I'd prefer to play 'live' if at all possible. It's much more fun in person, and especially for a charity event. Plus I reckon it would be easier to sort than an online game. The only problem being, where would we be able to play 'live'? And how many people would be allowed to buy-in maximum?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
transfer a few quid to participate and winner takes (nearly) all?

Just wondering what would be going to REMF if winner takes (nearly) all?
Appreciate there hasn't been much thought into it, so feel free to ignore! :blush:

1066gull

should be booked out in a pub or rileys or something if its in for remf, no point doing it online

registration fees for each head. lets say a quid? maybe 2 if the pot is worth something

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
you could do a £10 buy in, £5 of which goes to REMF and the other is split between the final table or final 4, obviously depending on numbers involved.

If you were looking for a specific venue i think i have the perfect place. A local village hall, ok its not in brighton but not far and the people who run it are lifetime albion fans and post on here. it has a licensed bar and card tables and has been known to hold a local poker league and tournaments inside.

The problem you have with a pub is the whole licensing act, you will find it hard to get one that will hold it and cater for x amount of people.

it would take some organising for the person who would want to do so

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
you could do a £10 buy in, £5 of which goes to REMF and the other is split between the final table or final 4, obviously depending on numbers involved.

If you were looking for a specific venue i think i have the perfect place. A local village hall, ok its not in brighton but not far and the people who run it are lifetime albion fans and post on here. it has a licensed bar and card tables and has been known to hold a local poker league and tournaments inside.

Where is this?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I'm in. Hall idea sounds great, Where is it?

Plenty of pubs in Brighton run them but as for the gambling licence I've got no idea.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I know Henfield very well, in fact one of my best mates lives in the Vicarage! :lolol:

The buy-in idea is good as well, with some being used for a prize fund, and the rest going to REMF.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I would be up for this, and Conkers would too I would have thought.

Having it online would be a bit rubbish IMO. Perhaps it could be done after the end of the season, and the players could be invited to play?

Just a thought like!

B45YUN1

Sep 25, 2008
Hi guys i dont post on here much but i have the facitily to set up a tournament online which i can organise if you want

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here