[NSC] NSC on Xenforo

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Like the new look on laptop but as a former Tapatalk user first impression of mobile version is meh, there seems to be a lot of wasted space.
Can only see one thread and do we need still need the Covid thread as a stickie, could it be moved to Forum page?
On Tapatalk, I never used the forum view (ie selected the big board), I'd use the new posts view.

Might be best to go for that on mobile. Link at top will take you to: https://www.northstandchat.com/whats-new/posts/190/

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Think I preferred the old lay out. Looks good, but looks like most other forums now. I guess there is a very good reason for the move, so I'll just have to get used to it.

As others have said, is there a way to just click on which page of a thread you can jump into?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Think I preferred the old lay out. Looks good, but looks like most other forums now. I guess there is a very good reason for the move, so I'll just have to get used to it.

As others have said, is there a way to just click on which page of a thread you can jump into?
I've not touched look and feel at all yet but I will Albion-ise it over coming days.

Not sure about thread page numbers - I'll take a look when I get the chance.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Pretty sure I’m past 5 posts on the new forum and still getting mod approval

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
First bug... search is missing. Which is super odd as its there before you login, then disappears.
Big change management failure….I said we needed an experienced change manager to oversee these things…but no!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Great work @Bozza - marvellous scenes.

While it will take people time to get used to it, they will. I had it before when FB cocked around with updates and eventually I forgot what the other (old) version was like!

Mobile experience is different from Tapatalk, but I'm cool with that 😎

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nice one. Also, although I imagine you've already noticed, but just incase: embedded tweets seems to just come up as text now, and can't see the tweet.
Old tweets using the old format probably will. Might be something I can address in time.

Now just paste the full URL of a tweet and it will appear in full automatically - so it's easier than it was in the past.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Do all posts require a moderator approval or just mine?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Tidy!
looks really good, I could see round avatars earlier, had my dinner and now everyone has got a square avatar.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
If you are using a mobile the page numbers seem to appear on the main forum page if you are holding device in landscape mode. They don’t appear when holding the device in portrait mode.

It also appears that after the first visit to a topic subsequent visits start at the first unread post if you don’t select a page but just click on the subject.

Thanks!
Holding the phone in landscape gave me the page numbers.

Would be great to have it in portrait/standard too at some point, but otherwise an easy workaround.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports