Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] NSC OFFICIAL Thread: Scotland v Ukraine

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
As a Scotsman who really wants Scotland to qualify for the World Cup Finals.

I would be more than happy to see all the Scotland fans sing the Ukrainian National Anthem.

Then let Ukraine kick off and let them walk the ball into the he net. And then for both teams to applaud the fans and then for both teams to walk off the he pitch.

I would then like Wales to do the same and thus let Ukraine qualify for the finals.

It would send a powerful message around the World as to where public sympathies lie over this conflict.

Football means nothing when you compare it to thousands of people dying.

For me I won't be disappointed in the slightest if Scotland lose tonight.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
A few quid on a Scotland own goal will be my main bet,either that or lots of missed Scottish penalties AET.

Then Wales thrash Ukraine 4 nil hopefully.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sorted all my Qatar travel / accommodation / tickets this week after the FAs ballots.

Have to laugh at the nations in the play offs as not much cheap accommodation left already. Tents in the deserts for the Jocks

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Scotland haven't played much since 1998.

They scored 1 goal at Euro 2020 and celebrated a 0-0 victory against finalists England don’t forget

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Ukraine all day long, even without what Putin is doing to their beautiful country.

Then I hope the Ukraine smash the bloody Welsh as well.
Agreed.
You know that most of them would want Ukraine to beat us if the circumstances were different.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

I would be more than happy to see all the Scotland fans sing the Ukrainian National Anthem.

Then let Ukraine kick off and let them walk the ball into the he net. And then for both teams to applaud the fans and then for both teams to walk off the he pitch.

I would then like Wales to do the same and thus let Ukraine qualify for the finals.

It would send a powerful message around the World as to where public sympathies lie over this conflict.

That's a lovely idea. Sadly FIFA would probably ban both countries for not competing properly ��

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Knowing FIFA, all three sides would then be banned from the next World Cup

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I very much doubt the Ukrainian players would want a "bye" to the Finals. If the last few months have shown anything, its that they are a fiercely proud nation who will fight to the end. They'll want to EARN qualification, not just have it gifted to them out of sympathy.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Big emotional night coming up. Big stakes, bjg danger of patronising the opposition, off the field if not on it. May the best team win. And - for once! - may the sellers of half n half scarves (hopefully official) make an absolute MINT

I don’t think they will patronize you. Hopefully they will absolutely batter you mind :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Big emotional night coming up. Big stakes, bjg danger of patronising the opposition, off the field if not on it. May the best team win. And - for once! - may the sellers of half n half scarves (hopefully official) make an absolute MINT

Apologies for starting another thread. Perhaps a Mod might merge? I missed this one. Tartan blindness.

This is a football match not a war. Scotland are our friends and neighbours and I will be rooting for the sweaties tonight. Come on you chilly Jockos. The more home nations in the competition the better. Get it done. Get it over the line.

Jocko.gif

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorted all my Qatar travel / accommodation / tickets this week after the FAs ballots.

Have to laugh at the nations in the play offs as not much cheap accommodation left already. Tents in the deserts for the Welsh

Edited for you :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here