[NSC] NSC may become unavailable

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I couldn't get on this morning on Chrome, cleared cookies & it worked for about 10 mins. I tried Edge browser (that I've never used), tried my phone (Android) & I got the error shown on post 48. That was for at least an hour, I was very disappointed that I had to find something productive to do on a Sat! 😮
Working fine on all 3 now. (y)

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Still having issues...

Screenshot_20230506-215727.png

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Can you copy and paste the full message here? Either copy on your Mac and paste from your iPhone (that works you know) or try on your Mac and then open a Private Window in Safari where I bet it will work. Login and paste the full message here.
IMG_4385.jpeg

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Am getting bad request. Chrome, Windows 11. Will clear cookies etc if its not working in the morning

Dun Lurkin

Feb 20, 2023
I've been getting the message 'The operation couldn't be completed. (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 303.)' for several days on my iPad and can't access NSC from there. My PC and phone are working fine though.
I tried clearing cookies and history as suggested but to no avail. Any further suggestions on getting my iPad going again?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've been getting the message 'The operation couldn't be completed. (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 303.)' for several days on my iPad and can't access NSC from there. My PC and phone are working fine though.
I tried clearing cookies and history as suggested but to no avail. Any further suggestions on getting my iPad going again?
Do you use archive.org at all?

One suggestion I've found ties it back to that site, with the solution:
  • Go into Safari > Preferences > Privacy
  • Search for "archive.org"
  • Click Remove
  • The problem goes away

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Do you use archive.org at all?

One suggestion I've found ties it back to that site, with the solution:
  • Go into Safari > Preferences > Privacy
  • Search for "archive.org"
  • Click Remove
  • The problem goes away
Actually scratch that - they had the issue when trying to visit archive.org, so you'd need to do this for NSC. Cookies and history won't be the issue, it seems, it will be local storage of files from NSC.

Dun Lurkin

Feb 20, 2023
Actually scratch that - they had the issue when trying to visit archive.org, so you'd need to do this for NSC. Cookies and history won't be the issue, it seems, it will be local storage of files from NSC.
Thanks for the suggestions. I have managed to get NSC back through Safari, but still getting same original message if I go direct to Google or Chrome (I would mention that I am as adept with this technology as Bens Grandad was).
I don't use Archive.org, and neither can I find a preferences option in Safari.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Hi Boz, just as a matter of interest, what exactly has gone wrong? Why so many probs?

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
This is what I'm getting on my Android phone. Tried the clear cookies suggested by Bozza but doesn't disappear
Screenshot_20230507-170145-925.png

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Now @Bozza now - now's the time to do some stuff, and if the site accidentally goes down, I'll consider it a blessing.
I salute you Bozza, you have absolutely smashed it this time. I can visit 2 or 3 pages before it crashes each time.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Bad Request​

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu) Server at northstandchat.com Port 80

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Bad Request​

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu) Server at northstandchat.com Port 80
Clearing browsing history seems to have cleared it (on IOS anyway)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports