Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC maintenance

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It still looks alot more clunky and 'industrial' that the previous version, and less elegant. But I'll get used to it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Its a bit odd using the new format and still getting thumb notifications (from posters using the old format?) but not being able to send any. Tho, thumbs were taking longer and longer to load anyways and often resulted in a server error (timeout?) so its probably for the best. :thumbsup:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Its a bit odd using the new format and still getting thumb notifications (from posters using the old format?) but not being able to send any. Tho, thumbs were taking longer and longer to load anyways and often resulted in a server error (timeout?) so its probably for the best. :thumbsup:

You can switch back to the previous format by scrolling to the bottom of the page and selecting "NSC Classic" from the drop-down menu on the left hand side.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Just come online, liking the new layout, very 2015! No thumbs?

yA7Qrc2L4h-4.png

Sometimes it happens

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Second to this, I have received thumbs up today, but cannot see how I can give someone a thumbs up/down?

After highlighting this issue on the NSC Maintenance thread, and without any proactive response from the mods on this, I think the problem is with the new layout style. If one chooses the Classic style the thumbs are there. Just to confirm this, are you using the new style?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
After highlighting this issue on the NSC Maintenance thread, and without any proactive response from the mods on this, I think the problem is with the new layout style. If one chooses the Classic style the thumbs are there. Just to confirm this, are you using the new style?

thanks , have reverted back to classic style.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't like the thumbs - they're ugly and clunky, particularly when you try to scroll down to see who has already given thumbs.

They have no place in the cool, crisp world that is NSC Modern.

As such I'm likely to bin them off completely when I can find a more suitable replacement.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't like the thumbs - they're ugly and clunky, particularly when you try to scroll down to see who has already given thumbs.

They have no place in the cool, crisp world that is NSC Modern.

As such I'm likely to bin them off completely when I can find a more suitable replacement.

I agree that they are clunky but until a suitable replacement is found they do add much value. I shouldn't have to post a comment to agree with someone, or to acknowledge a funny remark.

If one finds that scrolling down to look at who has thumbed a comment is troublesome, one has the option to not scroll down to view.

Yes the NSC Modern look is good, but I would rather have functionability over style. Unless you have an imminent alternative you should include it in the Modern new style.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here